El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts

"1987 Chevrolet El Camino, V-8, Auto, PS, PB, AC, cassette player, nice driver, mostly original, new tires, runs good, 120,000 miles "

View attachment 136759

View attachment 136760
This car is very close to what I gave 3K for 5 years ago. Sounding a bit overpriced to me. At least mine didn't have a slightly smashed left quarter panel (that in itself would cost at least $1500 to fix in a legit shop) . And mine only had 10k more miles. I would put this one in the 3-3.5k ish range. Being from NV, (possibly rust free), could twist another $500 if I could drive it home. Other observations are either wrong seats or the seat belts and the rest of the interior are wrong? These things are getting harder to find though........ Looks like a good starting point...... :cool:

Joe

·
Registered
882 Posts
The last five years have had quite a bit of inflation, but like you it is more than I would pay for it. I do admit that I paid a lot more than that four mine.

Ms Elly front drivers side.JPG

·
Registered
1981 400 4-Speed
164 Posts
It looks like a decent project. But IMHO, he's way over priced for a body that beat up.
At least around me, that's a $4,500 vehicle. That being said, a vehicle is worth what someone will pay. If 2 months from now it's still for sale, maybe we'll see a significant price drop. Otherwise, he just doesn't "Really want to sell it".
Which is cool too....

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
You are more generous than me. I was think $3000, maybe $3500
That's the same range I'm in. Like I said, if it's a drive home model and really want another ElCo project it might bring 4k in my area.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
It looks like a decent project. But IMHO, he's way over priced for a body that beat up.
At least around me, that's a $4,500 vehicle. That being said, a vehicle is worth what someone will pay. If 2 months from now it's still for sale, maybe we'll see a significant price drop. Otherwise, he just doesn't "Really want to sell it".
Which is cool too....
I agree! Around your area it might bring that extra $500 if there's no rust!

Joe

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It’d look $100 better if he’d put the anti-rattle rubber strips where they’re supposed to be.
Patrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts