El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what small block vehicles came with 2 1/2 stock manifold dumps its for a 79 monte 305 :?:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No this not a test I was considering putting headers on the 79 monte mild 305 but since it is a lowrider headers will interfer will clearance so i was told by the local speed shop to look for stock exhaust manifolds with 2 1/2 inch outlets I was also told that the TPI engine use these manifolds? :roll:

·
Banned
881 Posts
CHVYPWR said:
I think the old "ram horn" manifolds were 2 1/2 inch outlet. Anybody know for sure?
IIRC the ram-horn manifolds will not fit in a g-body. The outlet interfers with the frame. I don't think the old truck ram-horn manifolds are 2 1/2 inch either. The Corvette ram-horn manifolds have 2 1/2 inch outlets but I think you'll have the same interference problem.

What about using shorty headers?

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Elkzzilla said:
I considerd the shortie but it would be a waste of money for the type of car (LOWRIDER)
You could get a nice set of chrome shorties for pretty cheep. That's what I'll most likely do for my el since the long tubes will scrape when I lay frame.

·
Registered
91 Posts
why wld it be a waste of money

I considerd the shortie but it would be a waste of money for the type of car (LOWRIDER)

wanted to know what did u mean by a "WASTE OF THE MONEY" what type of car should a SHORTY be for?

just wanted u to elaborate as i need headers and learning whatever i can about it thanks

·
0 Posts
Shorties are never a waste of money. Shorty headers are for cars with clearance issues but the give you a bit more torque. Long tube headers are for more of a horsepower ride. I've seen most lowriders with shorties.:texas:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts