El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm a new Camino owner and love this site. I got her home and looked her over good and noticed no circle around the "D". Checked the pan and yeah its a 200C:let_it_all_out:. It's a stock 305 with 121,000 miles and well.......it runs like a stock 305 with 121,000 miles.

My question is the 200Crap trans seems to slip shift from 3-2 under part throttle pressure. I've researched the Trans-Go kits and I'm not sure which one to get. I'm thinking about the TransGo SK 279:dontknow:. I'd like to drive what I've got for a while. What are your suggestions?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
pm trany mike on this one. my experiance with 200s is when they start slipping thier done but ask mike

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
The shift kit will not remedy the slipping, if it's worn that much, even though the shift kit does increase oil pressure on the clutches etc.. Your options are to put a TH350 transmission in there, or an OD type like a 200-4R. The OD trans would be more work etc, but at today's gas prices, it might pay for itself in due time. Lots of info on here about using the 200-4R as a replacement. Quite a few folks here have done it.
I believe the TH350 would be a bolt-in switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts