El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a 200r4 in my 87 Elky, what changes beside cutting a hole in the tunnel do I need in make it a floor shift instead of the stock column shift?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch that I meant 200-4r transmission floor shift

·
Supporting Member
4,568 Posts
I had to track down a different shift bracket that attaches to the trans. On my stock TH350, the bracket only had one "Ear", where the column rods attached. For a floor shift, the bracket has two 'Ears"- the top one for the column rods to stay attached ( need this for P/N switch, BU Lights, Shift Indicator, etc), and the bottom ear is where the cable from the shifter attaches.

If you are not going to use the column rods, you might be able to "Flip" the stock bracket 180 degrees, but I'm not sure if it will clear everything in this orientation. The floor shifter has to attach "below" because of the direction of the movement of the shifter cable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty set on the B&M quick silver. Apparently its a pretty simple conversion so I'll burn that bridge after the tranny rebuild :yell:. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Whiskey, I have a 200r4 in my 84 and I am looking at a floor shifter for it. Send pics when you start installing yours. Someone may have said we like pic here. Have fun with your Elky

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,313 Posts
Just put a B&M Starshifter in my 84 with th350c. Took a couple of hours !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do and thanks for the help :nanawrench:

·
Senior Member Participating Member
913 Posts
Lokar floor shifter

I have a Lokar floor mount automatic shifter for sale. It was installed for half a year. It will shift TH-350,TH-400,700-R4,200-4R,4L60,4L60E,4L80. 100$ :yell:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts