El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the article ...

As he has done in his previous budget requests, Mr. Obama wants to eliminate $4 billion worth of annual oil and natural gas tax breaks. He has never succeeded in this effort, in large part because of the pushback from the energy industry and support some of these tax breaks receive from within the Democratic Party. Mr. Obama is also calling to cut $3.9 billion worth of coal tax preferences within the Energy Department.

Altogether over 10 years, Obama’s budget plan estimates that eliminating fossil-fuel tax breaks would save $48.8 billion.

Do I need to spell out who will be paying the $48.8 billion dollars? This is part of Obama's proposed $3.9 trillion 2015 budget.

Read the article here.

Just to help you get an idea of what a trillion dollars looks like ... those piles of cash are made from $100 bills.

Copper

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow. Thanks for sharing this to us. I'm sure many people will find this very helpful. I would also like to share something if you don't mind. A new report from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center found that everyday families will see main tax hikes in the coming year, should previously enacted tax breaks expire without renewal. It warned what of would be the result of lawmakers neglecting to tackle the so-called "fiscal ledge."

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Do I need to spell out who will be paying the $48.8 billion dollars? This is part of Obama's proposed $3.9 trillion 2015 budget.

Copper
Who do you think is paying for it now? These corporations make billions in profit now. This kind of corporate welfare should end.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
http://i.imgur.com/JmiUoYV.gif
Just to help you get an idea of what a trillion dollars looks like ... those piles of cash are made from $100 bills.
Copper

Here's a better example:

If you spent $1 Million every day since the birth of Jesus Christ until now, you still would not have spent $1 Trillion yet. Think about that.

Using today's date, 01/27/15 it would total $736 Billion ($736,006,000,000.00 to be exact). This includes the extra day in leap years.
:let_it_all_out:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts