El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sue and I were at the new Byers Chevy dealership and we were told that in 2016 they are bringing back the Chevelle & Elcamino. Nick is so pumped up hes ready to buy. We asked if they had any pix or information, and at this time they don't.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Can't wait to see them. Please keep us informed.

Funny thing is the dealers don't have any printed information on the 2015 Colorado, either. They don't even advertise them. They are not shown in TV ads or in the newspaper. I don't know how Chevrolet expects to sell them when the only photos, etc. are on the internet.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
We already have the Chevy Malibu, I would expect the Chevelle to fall under that. Holden/GM already builds the Ute (EL Camino in Australia) so importing it is all that would be needed, but GM has announced stopping production of it, I believe because GM is dropping the Hoilden line.

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,558 Posts
Can't wait to see them. Please keep us informed.

Funny thing is the dealers don't have any printed information on the 2015 Colorado, either. They don't even advertise them. They are not shown in TV ads or in the newspaper. I don't know how Chevrolet expects to sell them when the only photos, etc. are on the internet.
As a Chevrolet salesperson, I'm OK with Chevy not advertising the Colorado. Word of mouth and magazine reviews are doing well enough. We're completely sold out of our 2015 allocation, so we don't even have one on display. I'd rather see the advertising budget devoted to vehicles that have some availability.

Bill

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,210 Posts
As a Chevrolet salesperson, I'm OK with Chevy not advertising the Colorado. Word of mouth and magazine reviews are doing well enough. We're completely sold out of our 2015 allocation, so we don't even have one on display. I'd rather see the advertising budget devoted to vehicles that have some availability.

Bill
Yep! Wake me up when there is a tire to kick :sleeping:. I get a little taste of barf in my mouth every time these concept things come up over and over. The Holdens are set in stone to go away and the Chevy SS sits on that Holden G8 platform that was supposed to come back as an El Camino how many times so far?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Yeah , I know the feeling , so many concepts , what to believe , there's a new one on FB looks legit , claims a 3.3 V6 & a 4.4 V8 a 5.7 V8 diesel , also a 4 door version , some pictures look good , I think welder 5 , Matt posted it. Saving my money jut in case .

·
Registered
127 Posts
Doesn't sound like it'll come with a track pack! Why build it wimpy at all? A 3.3 V6 is a waste, it's supposed to be a truck (yeah, I know,297hp, but no sale). Most of the Chevelle concepts are ugly anyway, so whatever.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I have seen pic. on face book didn't care for it Camaro front end and a un body don't mix well I remember the 62 f 100 un body and the doors jamming when someone put something in the bed hate to see this happen to a el camino.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Have heard this about 1000 times over the last 11 years on this forum so not holding my breath.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3: OOOOOOOH, Don't say front wheel drive!!! That would kill it for me. It needs to be rear wheel drive with 6.0 Ls 6 speed auto, so I can put a supercharger on it. That would be sweet.
The way things are built by GM these days, a new Elco would likely be a front-wheel-drive piece of crap..

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3: OOOOOOOH, Don't say front wheel drive!!! That would kill it for me. It needs to be rear wheel drive with 6.0 Ls 6 speed auto, so I can put a supercharger on it. That would be sweet.

Seconded! But I am doubtful we'll be seeing a new chevelle, and if we do, will it actually do justice to the nameplate?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
From the pictures I've seen of the supposed 2016 El Camino I have to say I think it is ugly and way overdesigned. I personally hope they don't build it.
By every definition of the word the El Camino is an Iconic vehicle. So, one would think a re-introduction would pay some tribute to the past. Instead this thing looks like the designers had a bucket full of design concepts and they decided to pull every one of them out of the bucket and put them on this car.

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
Personally, what could a 2016 entice me with that my 71 bb w/air & 4 spd doesn't give me? Alright, maybe a couple more gears to bang. :driving: But what else ? Driving a homogenized cage that looks like everything else on da road?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts