El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts

In this instance, your order contained the Chevrolet logo and car brand, which Zazzle is not currently licensed to produce on merchandise. ...
Sounds like it's not the "El Camino" verbiage so much as it is the "Chevrolet" usage. :dontknow:

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Chevy bowtie gets used everywhere all the time for many, many years.
I seriously doubt GM has any issue with anybody using it.
Time to find a new vendor that wants to make money.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,518 Posts
Sounds like Zazzle has dug in and is not budging. I would be curious to know if they recently came out on the bad end of a copyright infringement lawsuit that may have initiated this witch hunt. Of course, there are a few pot stirrers out there with nothing better to do than pee on other's parade instead of making their own parade. But either way, it sounds like we're going to have to find a new vendor. Ken, are there any printers in your general area that could do this? Maybe a local shop could do it. I can imagine they would be more flexible and easier to work with if a problem arises.

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Reprinted from Above...............

Re-posted from earlier...............

If you take a close look at the "bowtie" caricature we've used in the past as part of our NECOA logo, you may notice that our "bowtie" is grossly misshapen from the original Chevrolet symbol. The lengths and shapes of the protrusions are not the same as the actual one. But, Zazzle won't respond to any appeals.

As for asking Chevrolet for approval to use the bowtie in our logo - we had a dialog a few years back, with Danny Hernandez leading, and it seemed pretty favorable until the talks just stopped. Looks like now we have to ask for permission to use El Camino, Sprint, Caballero, Conquista, Black or Royal Knight, etc. I had to delete all GM related "Key Words" that are included with each Zazzle item - used for searching assistance - because Zazzle said so. If someone would like to take the lead in bringing the subject back up with GM, I would be happy to furnish any information possible. Meanwhile, I'm still working to rebuild the CY-2019 calendars into something acceptable. I personally do not like what is left of our identifying logo, but if it gets us by this year, I'll do what is necessary for survival on the short term.

Now, as to the use of another vendor for our NECOA merchandise. I undertake a search each year for a vendor with better service, better assortment, better prices, and a better and more actionable consumer Service Department. Each year I hear horror stories from members who will never use Zazzle again - primarily because of poor quality, poor response to their "You love it or we'll replace it" policy, and just general ineptness in dealing with the buying public. The problem is that there are no other vendors who offer what Zazzle does. Vistaprint is the closest, but I can tell you personal stories about Vistaprint that rule them out, in my estimation, even if they could fulfill our needs as a vendor. I'm open to another search, as I've been searching already, but please don't expect a miracle. Thanks for your trust and support......................Ken

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
Didn't we have someone a few months ago that showed their a## and wanted to have everything deleted on our site ? Makes you wonder doesn't it ?

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,291 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would think a business like GM that was on the brink of bankruptcy a few years back,that we all helped bail out would be more appreciative of a fine group of ladies and gentlemen like ourselves.Especially keeping the spirit and memories of a fine car that we refuse to let be forgotten.As far as Zazzle goes they picked a fine time to drop the bomb on NECOA........

·
Registered
224 Posts
Calendar Shipping Notice

I actually got a shipping notice from Zazzle on the calendar I ordered, this past Saturday... USPS tracking number indicates it is on the way. I guess I'll wait the 4-7 days to see if it actually arrives...

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks............

Ken
A possible idea to get us through for this year's calendars.

Thanks, Gale. I appreciate your efforts and sage advice on these issues. I posted a copy earlier of a modified NECOA logo that I was attempting to rebuild the series of calendars with (re-posted below). That modification was based upon what I could glean from some of the disqualification messages I had finally received from Zazzle. I have cautious optimism that this modified logo will satisfy Zazzle as a short-term solution - one that will get this year's 22 issues into our hands before it is too late for Christmas. I re-posted the first two rebuilt calendars (#21 & #22) as a test back on the 5th, and received an approval message the following day. Those two calendars, along with several 60th Anniversary and Winner's Circle items I've also rebuilt (I simply cannot look only at calendar pages for 10 - 12 hours a day!) in my spare time, have remained up on our Zazzle store for several days now. However, another set of rebuilt calendars that were re-posted on the morning of the 8th have not been signaled as approved yet. And, I'm awaiting that approval before continuing to re-post my work. That's where we stand at the moment. I'm still here, shamed but unbroken - so far!................Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got mine today! Apparently some 'slipped' by. :banana:

But I ordered 3 of the #13s. I got 2 #13s, and a #2 with a #13 cover! If anyone got a #13 by mistake, give me a holler!

Attachments

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,291 Posts
..I like ole Bear ideal, find a replacement.and, if they ask what does the "E" and the "L" stands for,just tell them "Everybody's Loves'em"..:rockon:

.(.I kinda get it but you do have a copyright mark on the banner since 2000..,that right there is proof of who owns it..)
...:cali:

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Maybe I should change my avatar before the Zazzle police come after me. Naaah they'll never catch me I drive a CHEVROLET EL CAMINO :banana:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Maybe I should change my avatar before the Zazzle police come after me. Naaah they'll never catch me I drive a CHEVROLET EL CAMINO

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ken, first of all, many thanks to you and all the hard work you put into this club and forum. I can not even begin to imagine how this crap with Zazzle has tapped you out.

As I suspect, and others have commented, it's probably related to using a "brand" marking and all the lawsuits that have entailed without proper authorization. First thought is ... can we go to Chevrolet / GM and get some formal authorization to use GM brands such as the bowtie .... they should be happy that this club and many others are immortalizing and celebrating their past products. After all, many of us are diehard GM fans and have bought their products for years. Given the nature of the club and the effort to preserve the heritage of the El Camino, one would think GM would grant authorization to use their Chevrolet Logo in our club logo.

Just a thought ... not sure if the corporate pukes and lawyers would agree to it, but certainly worth a try. Then if authorization was granted, proof could be provided to Zazzle that the club is authorized to us the Bowtie.

Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards and thanks so much for all your personal effort for this club!!!
Cliff

·
Director Region 22
1,208 Posts
Judgement day

I still think ,someone has a beef with NECOA and Ken and just wants to really muck things up and Zazzle is being suckered into it some how. After all the years with Zazzle why all of a sudden is there a problem . I really feel sorry for Ken and all his work he does and having having to redo it over and over again . GOD bless Ken and all his hard work. Haters gotta hate , Remember GOD is all seeing .

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
SAtruck Down Again

I regret to inform that my effort for recovery over the past 11 days have been nullified by Zazzle. I had recreated 12 calendars and re-posted them using the only guidance I could get from their content and review team - which was basically zero. Four of the calendars stayed up, and I had received written approval, for 4 days before all were taken down. Each of the rejection messages included a photo of an El Camino as the reason - simple photos of our cars! And when they take a product down, it's GONE1 you do not get it back. Everything has to be rebuilt.

My friends, I'm forced to abandon the efforts at Zazzle for the time being. I do not have any idea of how to deal farther with them at this time.. I've found another vendor, but I'll need some time to learn an entirely new system. All I can promise is to do my very best to have a series of calendars ready and available in time for Christmas. With the layouts already burned brightly into my mind by the repetition of the past 2 1/2 months, I should be able to accomplish this. Have some patience, and I'll get back with updates every once in a while.

I may be slow to respond to the many eMails, PMs, and posts over the next few weeks and to help with forum difficulties - but I'll be here. There are no members who do not know how to get hold of me if needed.................Ken

·
Director Region 22
1,208 Posts
Speech less

That's what I am with Zazzle . All the years and merchandise I and others have bought from Zazzle to do with NECOA or other products they sell . As of this moment I am no longer purchasing anything from Zazzle . Other members can decide on their own . ....

41 - 60 of 97 Posts