El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I reserved 8 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express- 12250 E. Colonial Dr. Orlando with check in on October 26. The rate is $125 (plus tax) per night if we fill at least 5 rooms or $149 if we don't. Tell them you are with the El Camino group if you reserve. They will hold the rooms until 3 weeks before, then back to regular rates.
Phone number is 407-203-8585. If there is a problem ask for Sylvie.

·
Site Contributor Supporting Member
2,531 Posts
Here is the link for the Horsepower Ranch Pumpkin Festival. It is a 2 day event but car show Sunday only.

https://horsepowerevents.com/pumpkin-festival/
There will also be a "Luau Show" on Sunday :cool2:
I have a call in for the Holiday Inn Express by UCF for a block price. It is a short drive to the "back road to the ranch". I'm thinking a checkin on Saturday but maybe driving home Sunday ( 3+ hours for me )
Is there enough interest to start a thread?
ome Sunday

I think if I do it I would come home Sunday.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,474 Posts
Another popular show to think about attending again is the 14 th Annual Vetsday Show in Lake Park on Nov. 11 ; which , is just north of Palm Beach . We have had good attendance at this event each year and our members have earned some beautiful awards . Held in Kelsey Park off U. S. 1 with nice grass areas , walkways , shade , clubs park together , breakfast and lunch across the street and easy to find from I 95 or Turnpike and just down the street from the Cars Of Dreams Museum . No pregistration , $ 20 entry . Call Mike Scott at 561-222-5699 . On trying to arrange something at Old Town Kissimmee for our Orlando area members , I have not received any reply from them in the months that I contacted them . I had hoped that different ownership would welcome us back and it was located where a number of Orlando area members reside but unless someone has an in with them , I am washing my hands of them . Hey , I hear from Orlando area members and we keep asking for their imput but don`t see any . Hopefully that will change . Remember to check out Sempercaminos Marine Detachment , St. Pete area show that is held on Nov. 23 and has a link to the flyer on a previous page of this forum . Any other ideas ?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Brant and I will be going to the Horsepower Ranch show. I haven't booked the room yet but will be in the next few days. We will be only staying Saturday night and driving home after the show.

·
Premium Member
5,716 Posts
I'm in for both of them. Will book soon.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't know who might be interested but Palm Beach Cars and Coffee is tomorrow morning at the Palm Beach outlets in West Palm Beach. My Elco's rear end is apart for a refresh at the moment but I'll be there anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express for Saturday night, I will be heading home after the show Sunday. Brant is coming too. Is anyone else in for this one? I don't see anything for pre registration so am assuming it's a pay at the gate but will try to call about it. If you aren't staying at the hotel and are coming, we can meet at the hotel lot and drive in together. I think I remember something that said no reserving spots.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Site Contributor Supporting Member
2,531 Posts
I am going to join y'all at the horsepower show.
I am also going to do the Rodtober show at the Moose lodge in Palm Beach Gardens.
I always do the Veterans show.
Who all is with us on any or all of the above.

·
Elkybuick
2,761 Posts
I will be doing the one at the moose lodge and the vets show for sure. The Horsepower show I not sure depends on When I get back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fall shows

Since the Ocala Pumpkin event is cancelled, we need suggestions for the September, October, and November months.
I had one for the Pumpkin Fest near Geneva at the Horsepower Ranch. The car show is Sunday October 27th. It gets about 200 cars. There is no nearby lodging but I found a Holiday Inn Express 16 miles and 25 minutes away. After a couple miles in city traffic it looks like a nice country cruise to the ranch.
Has anyone attended before?
https://horsepowerevents.com/pumpkin-festival/

Please post any suggestions for other events. There are lots of shows listed for these months but without first hand knowledge of them it's a crap shoot to attend them.
Good friend of mine that were members of different clubs, car and gun tells me that Horse Ranch is a good show and we are both going. About 200 cars.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts