El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This great event got rained out last year and I missed the reschedule. Brant and I go every year and it is one of the best shows in FL. Over 700 cars, cash prizes (including club participation) plus trophies, DJ and bands, all in a grass county park. All proceeds support a Youth Training Center to take care of our classic cars in the future.

Who's in this year?

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,530 Posts
Thanks for the info Chuck . I am very interested .

·
4,530 Posts
Wait a minute there Mr. Ed . You will attend the Cool Wheels Show " Unless it`s cold " ? After the great 31 day trip of 7910 miles you just completed in you wagon with temps of 44 degrees , I think you are getting tooo comfortable in this warm Florida air , I will text you a cure :shocked2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
sounds fun , gonna put it on the calendar and see if I can make it. doubt my el camino will be good enough to drive there.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Thanks for the info Chuck. Last time we had booked our return trip to MD the week before we heard about this show.... I guess it worked out since that show got rained out. This time we decided to push our return date back a few days so we can attend. It sounds like a great event.

·
4,530 Posts
Good to see that interest is starting to gel for this Cool Wheels Show as it gets closer to the Jan. 19 , 2020 date . Good to hear that Harley ( Tha El ) , will be able to join us for another one of our get togethers . It was a pleasant surprise seeing Harley and his wife at the October 60 th Celebration in rlington , Texas . Matt , we are also excited to hear you and Amy will be coming back out for some fun . lots of your friends have missed you . Deerfield Beach is located about half way between Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach and will be a short drive for a number of us . We can talk later on meeting near the show and driving in together ; which , makes parking next to each other easier and fun :smile3:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is creeping up, only a few weeks until the show.
Time to renew interest and get a head count! Looking like at least 10 members and 8 Elkys.

·
4,530 Posts
This is creeping up, only a few weeks until the show.
Time to renew interest and get a head count! Looking like at least 10 members and 8 Elkys.
Thanks for the reminder Chuck . I just prerigistered for the Cool Wheels Show and encourage others to join in the fun . Here is another opportunity to join others that share your passion for our unique vehicles and we guarantee that you will not have to drive through any snow to get there ? Click on Chuck`s first post for the info/preregistration site at www.yatc.org , that benefits the Youth Automotive Training Center . Could be that 500 vehicles will attend with 100 top show trophies , $ 1000 Best Of Show , $ 500 second and $ 250 for third . T-shirts and gift bags for the first 300 cars . Food trucks , music and an appearance by Solid Brass will be presented . Regardless of any awards , come on out . Gates open at 9 a.m. and it would help if we met outside of the show and drive in together so we can park together . As Fl Kymino said , let`s post on who is attending .

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Just to confirm.... I'm one of the members walking in to the show and really looking forward to a January show with no snow or freezing weather.;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all. I would like to attend with the group and drive in together. I am Paul (aka Lumpy3090 and was at the Super Chevy deal. Was fun. Sorry I had to eave there early though. Please post a meeting place. My 5th gen Elky will make it. Thanks,

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a Publix just north of the Quiet Waters park. Might be a good meeting place so we can travel in as a group....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts