El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen anything about photo submissions for a 2021 NECOA calendar. Is there going to be one for next year? Or, am I just too early?

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Thank you for bringing this up. I was wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Probably due to the lackluster response the last couple years they are going to pass.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
If there was a lackluster response how come past calendars had
such great pictures of members El Camino in them. I certainly like having this calendar in my shop every year. Maybe sales were not as expected.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ken Rogers is the one who's done the calendars in recent years and I don't think he's been very active on the forum over the last year.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,555 Posts
Ken has done 95% of the calendar work for, I'd say, at least the last decade. I don't know what the sales were on the last one, so I can't speculate on if that is down. However, Ken hasn't been able to be nearly as active these last few months due to health reasons.

Reactions: elcodude

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
@rushgator Thank you Glenn for helping this conversation return to one that might be beneficial.
Once again your skills benefit as "Ministry of Broke Things".

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Ken has done 95% of the calendar work for, I'd say, at least the last decade. I don't know what the sales were on the last one, so I can't speculate on if that is down. However, Ken hasn't been able to be nearly as active these last few months due to health reasons.
if most of the work involves graphic arts, do we have any members who deal with computer graphics that we could form a "Calendar Committee" and work on the photo submittals? I know I can't do it since I don't work with graphic media or have any training in it.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
If there was a lackluster response how come past calendars had
such great pictures of members El Camino in them. I certainly like having this calendar in my shop every year. Maybe sales were not as expected.
The past couple of years Ken was having a hard time getting enough quality pics to fill the calenders.

Great idea to recruit some members with graphics experience to help with the calenders.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
The past couple of years Ken was having a hard time getting enough quality pics to fill the calenders.

Great idea to recruit some members with graphics experience to help with the calenders.
The contractors are outside painting my house right now. It took me 3 days to figure out the trim color I wanted (Dark reddish copper) doesn't really exist and can't be made to the shade I want. It's because of the way the human eye perceives color and the surface (roughcut shiplap cedar) they are painting on and we're trying to match it up to the brick which has about 4 different colors in it itself. what a pita.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all,

My name is Tyler, been a member on here for a while. I am an Industrial/Product Designer with some experience in graphic design. My strengths are branding, and marketing/design strategies. I use computer programs like Photoshop, illustrator and InDesign. I've been thinking how it would be cool to organize a type of "creative department" for this site/group, and then I see all your replies about the calendar.

There is also a lot of potential for more apparel designs, vinyl cut stickers, mugs, etc.

I'd like to help out if and where I can. Just let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
G R E A T I D E A !

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Right on! the availability of El Camino merchandise is a great idea. I surely would buy some. Lets keep this going and those who run this site or are our go to people will use the help offered.
tony

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
There is some merchandise offered in the NECOA ZAZZLE store.
Be cautious that some of it has prior years printed on it.
You must use this link in order for NECOA to receive a partial amount from the sale.
Yes it must have the 2011* in the link
NECOA Store: Designs & Collections on Zazzle*
www.zazzle.com/store/necoa2011*

For those of you who joined recently (or limited memory):
Zazzle became a huge PIA "after" the 2019 NECOA Calendars were produced.
They would not print them because they had identifiable logos and trim pieces in the images of the car that might be owned by GM/Chevrolet.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Commerical OffTheShelf s
For those of you who joined recently (or limited memory):
Zazzle became a huge PIA "after" the 2020 NECOA Calendars were produced.
They would not print them because they had identifiable logos and trim pieces in the images of the car that might be owned by GM/Chevrolet.
seriously? so they don't understand the concept of fair use? or the fact that it's practically impossible to remove any logos, etc? in fact, the manufacturers would be very unhappy if you did remove the logos because that's what it identifies as a GM/Ford/etc product? idiots they are

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
"seriously? "

Seriously? Where were you last year?
Ken had to recreate all of the 2019 calendars into another vendor's site. He did great to still let them be available by about Thanksgiving from the new vendor?

Read the 1974 Copyright law. I have. "Fair Use" does not apply in this instance. Profit is occurring and the recognizable trademarks appear. It is not covered under the fair use categories (examples: education, news) .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts