El Camino Central Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
I'm leaving out in a few hours, and I'll bring some warm clothes. See everyone there, and I hope to win the Chili Cookoff. I'm hoping the keychains come in before I leave, it will save a bunch of shipping costs. Geno.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,977 Posts
Be careful and watch out for the idiots. Be nice to put a face those we have not met. See you there

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Things not looking good for Saturday , a low of 43 degrees with a high of 61 degrees in North Palm Beach, windy with a 10% chance of rain (snow ?) My Elky is not running good plus it's been raining all week & temps low of 32 highs in 50's , too cold to wash & wax . We lost our room in Deerfield (occupied) so it looks like we won't make it . Plus we've had company from the North . Can't get any ducks in a row . Next Sunday it's supposed to be 23 here . Watch out for falling Iguanas down South . Hope you all have fun & take lots of photos .

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Sorry to hear that. We had a couple cold and windy ones in previous years but this one is looking like the coldest one. It's a shame they won't let us bring a fire pit ;)
A few years ago both the Cool Wheels & the Chili show got rained out , I remember sitting in the car all day at Car of Dreams show one year while it rained all day . Maybe you can find a Ranchero to set on fire to keep warm .

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
There has got to be a bunch of ChilI cookers going. Make some friends!
Tom
It's a 200 mile round trip for us & no heater in my 86 , been to Chili show 7-8 times in past . going to be in the 20's up here so we're staying home , there are more shows coming up later on like G-ville in May . Stay warm , did I mention I am a south Fl native , can't stand cold .

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,532 Posts
Hey , this Conch is not afraid of a little cold . Well ok , I will be bringing some warm clothes instead of my usual shorts . With all the heat we complain about a good part of the year , a change of pace is just what the doctor ordered :cool: Kyle , Jay and I are staying at Chuck`s house in Boca and think it might be a little far up to Palm Beach on Friday after driving to Boca . Chuck took me to a smaller but nice cruise-in in Boca last time I was there . It is up to Chuck what he wants to do and perhaps some of the Palm Beach guys would drive down to Boca , or maybe the Palm Beach group can meet up closer to their house ? As Tom said , maybe try some of that " hot chili " , to warm you up . The good news is that Anchorage Park is not right on the beach and has s slight raised area around part of where the cars and chili will be .

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hey , this Conch is not afraid of a little cold . Well ok , I will be bringing some warm clothes instead of my usual shorts . With all the heat we complain about a good part of the year , a change of pace is just what the doctor ordered :cool: Kyle , Jay and I are staying at Chuck`s house in Boca and think it might be a little far up to Palm Beach on Friday after driving to Boca . Chuck took me to a smaller but nice cruise-in in Boca last time I was there . It is up to Chuck what he wants to do and perhaps some of the Palm Beach guys would drive down to Boca , or maybe the Palm Beach group can meet up closer to their house ? As Tom said , maybe try some of that " hot chili " , to warm you up . The good news is that Anchorage Park is not right on the beach and has s slight raised area around part of where the cars and chili will be .
Well my local Cars and Coffee does a smaller meet the Friday before the main event (aka tomorrow night) at Ellie's 50s diner in Delray Beach. I've never been but it'd be cool to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
I’m here in palm coast ready for the chili cook off at anchorage park. Wish me some luck. I know it’s a long ways to palm coast but I gotta make it to north Miami Beach for the competition.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,977 Posts
Ms. Elly is all packed and ready to head south around 4: AM. See you there

41 - 60 of 93 Posts