El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,815 Posts
For those of you that may not be familiar with the Daytona Turkey Run , do yourself a solid and Google the event . The entire infield of the track is full of vehicles for show and sale , real swap meet and so many activities and cruise-in . It takes about the full 4 days to walk and see everything . Robpp , you have moved to the Ormond Beach area ? What a great area :cool:

Reactions: CherokeeBodie

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first time. Everyone's talking about how unbelievable the setup is.

Actually I have an extra ticket for the rest of the weekend. And support vehicle parking which puts you as close as possible.

Tickets at my house in Ormond Beach. First come first serve.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts

·
Registered
1987 el camino
25 Posts
I didnt catch this in time to meet you Rob. I was there for my first time. AMAZING... brain overload. Did not stop walking for 2 days and couldn't see it all. Mobility scooter is the way to go. Well worth whatever they charge to rent.
Seems like every hotel and store parking lot in Daytona is like its own little car show for the weekend.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I was there Friday with friends. They were both car friends and CAS friends (Cowboy Action Shooters). My first Elco purchased there in 2016. That one lost on I4 early this year but got another.
Didn't see anyone I know and a few El Caminos.
Also couldn't find the strawberry shortcake lady concession stand which was very upsetting but did find homemade ice cream stand so that that part of trip was saved.
Daytona show is so big you need couple days and a mobility cart to really enjoy.
Nx big one is Mecum , Kissimmee early Jan. Like 3000 cars across the block.
Any day your involved in cars,guns or boats is a good day. My personal opinion of course.
Bill
Orlando

1 - 9 of 9 Posts