El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
To encourage you to take your ride out and enjoy a nice photo session, here is another photo of a prior NECOA calendar cover.
This motivation comes from one of the 2018 calendars.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
We can help the new Calendar Committee by including the following information along with our high resolution image attached to the email.

Please consider the attached image for the 2023 NECOA calendars.

El Camino Central Forum Name = _ (This is required, like mine is Old Bear, use yours)
Name = _(This is Required)
Nation = _(Optional if USA)
State = ___ (2 Char abbrev, 3 if Canada)
Region = ___ (Optional They can look up from your Country/State)
Year = __
Model = ____ ( like El Camino SS, Sprint SP, Cabalero)

Yep. I sent mine in.

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
From item 4 above: "Submissions will be accepted during the period from August 15, 2022, until midnight, October 15, 2022 "

Item 2 above has the pixels and/or megapixel information.
You can Conversation (old name PM) me and I may be able to help you there.

Most digital cameras from the last ten years and most cell phone cameras from the last 5 years can produce high resolution images.

However, when emailing the image do not select an option that compresses (lowers the resolution to make a smaller file) the image.
Some older cameras (like my 20 year old camera) and some older cell phones also take high enough resolution images.

We all have become accustomed to seeing web images in lower resolution. Yet when we see images printed on paper, our eyes/minds recognize when the dots (pixels) are not close enough together.
Websites normally compress high resolution images. This reduces the website's cost when sending it to our computers to display. Compression reduces resolution and makes the file smaller. It also saves on disk storage and backup costs for the website. Therefore, downloading one of your images from a website is not likely to get you a high resolution copy of the image.

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
Here is another motivational calendar image from the past. This time a 4th Gen.
Note the shape of the calendars. They are landscape, with the width being approximately 33% longer than the height.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
The email address for submissions is in the top post of this thread.
A couple of us misspelled the email address for the 2023 NECOA Calendar submissions.
If you have not received a reply from the NECOA Calendar Team after three days, check the email address that you sent it to with the one in the top post.
If it is correct, it is OK to send a follow up.

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
Nice ride
Please read the rules at top of thread so you can email the pics
Also note that to print on pages as large as the calendar, it requires high resolution image files.
Files copied from websites rarely are high enough resolution image files for printing.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
Johnny, That is a nice 2nd Gen.

However, you might want to choose a different image for submission to NECOA Calendars.
The calendar shapes are similar to a letter page turned on its side. It is approx. 33% wider than tall.
The image above has been cropped to fit a very wide screen, or possibly a cell phone.
The image above is about 90% wider than tall.

A goal of the NECOA Calendars is to fill the full page with image, without truncating the truck.
With the image of that nice truck above, it would end up cutting the truck in half.
Yep, making a different choice of image to submit, will possibly be more successful.

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
Is there an easy way in Windows 10 & 11 to see if my image is high enough resolution?

Try this:
Open the image file in PHOTOS.
Once open, click the more icon that looks like three dots . . .
Then select File Info.

A good pixel count for printing large pages like the calendar is 2400 pixels by 1800 pixels.

When we look at the Size Info, we see in our example that we are too low on pixels.
We only have 1094 X 1616 for this sample image.
Font Tire Screenshot Computer Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
Is there an easy way in iPhone to see if my image is high enough resolution?

Try this:
First, launch the Photos app.
In the thumbnail view, tap the photo you want to find the resolution of.
While examining the photo in detail, swipe upward on the photo image, or tap the “Info” button, which looks like a lowercase “i” in a circle.
You should be able to find the number of pixels.
Are the numbers larger than 2400 X 1800? If so, it is high resolution for the calendars.

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
Just clarifying that the rules above in the original post include the Printers Specs and additional requirements from NECOA.

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
@R Kato 2000
Please read the first post of this thread fully to understand how to submit entries for consideration into the 2023 NECOA Calendars.
Please send in the highest resolution image, which usually means send it in as the camera captured it.

Right click and save, from websites rarely provides a file with high enough resolution to print the large size calendars.
This is because websites compress images to reduce their bandwidth, storage and backup costs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts