El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Deputy National Director
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year all. Thirteen members were selected for this years winner circle and I thought it would be great to have each recipient provide the members with a little information about their vehicle. How you found the truck, and perhaps what it means to you. To make it even more fun I would like the member to post their story on the month that their vehicle appears in the calendar.

No pressure but, that means our story for January should come from Mark62 and his stunning
78 El Camino.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

· Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for selecting my 78 for January. My El Camino has a GM crate 350 with 350 auto. Nothing fancy just the basics, headers, Edelbrock carb. and a cast iron bowtie high rise intake.
The interior has been redone in gray tweed by the previous owner. I installed the 69 Mustang GT scoop because I felt like it matched the lines of the body. I have owned it for 3 years and I love driving it.

Attachments

· Registered
84. El Camino 400cid, 350th
54 Posts
Thank you for selecting my 78 for January. My El Camino has a GM crate 350 with 350 auto. Nothing fancy just the basics, headers, Edelbrock carb. and a cast iron bowtie high rise intake.
The interior has been redone in gray tweed by the previous owner. I installed the 69 Mustang GT scoop because I felt like it matched the lines of the body. I have owned it for 3 years and I love driving it.
Beautiful, but mine to shame

· Deputy National Director
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Mark for getting us started. I had not seen the scoop until you made mention of it. It truly does fit and blend nicely. Thanks also to whom ever added the photo to my original post. Sneaky but, but a must have. Way beyond my site savvy.

COMING in February: Super Jet James and his 71 SS.

@Superjetjames

· Registered
24 Posts
Thank you Mark for getting us started. I had not seen the scoop until you made mention of it. It truly does fit and blend nicely. Thanks also to whom ever added the photo to my original post. Sneaky but, but a must have. Way beyond my site savvy.

COMING in February: Super Jet James and his 71 SS.

@Superjetjames
Thank you for the opportunity. I certainly was an honor to be picked.
Another good thing about this scoop other than the shape is it was designed as a bolt on, not one you have to bond on with fiberglass. I have installed several bond on scoops in my 60 years and they always crack sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts