El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
103 Posts
Winner’s Circle Cover - Thanks Members!

My 1966 El Camino was purchased by my Uncle Nubar in December 1965 from Frontier Chevrolet in Fresno, CA. It was well -optioned with its 396/325 L35 V8, Powerglide transmission, Quadrajet carb, power steering and brakes, factory air conditioning, power windows, tilt wheel, front bumper guards, tri-volume horn, and AM radio.

It was his daily driver for many years and it performed light duty at his small farm. He turned it over to his kids in the early 1980 at which time I’m guessing it had 150,000 miles on it. My cousins used it occasionally over the years, but around 2000-01 it stopped running (battery probably died) and it sat in their garage until I acquired it in 2017.

This was the first car I drove, so I had dreams of owning it since I was 15. Over the years I inquired about a purchase, but it was not in the cards until the house was sold and it needed a new home.

I had it shipped to me and my friend and I got it fired up (literally as the carb leaked) so I needed the help of a number of professionals to get it roadworthy and restored to its current condition. It still retains its original engine and much of its original look. The forum serves as a valuable resource and I use it often when looking into parts, upgrades, general knowledge, and comradery.
Steve

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Hood

· Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
@Nubar sent us very good images early in the submission process.
Unfortunately, they were 50% wider than tall. When cropped to the 33% wider than tall shape of the calendars, the truck ended up truncated in the image.
Nubar later rescheduled a full reshoot of the images, helping make sure the truck's full image would be seen in the calendar.
Back up the mountain, with a fresh cleaning of the truck and he captured this fine image.

Steve, which North West City is in the background?

· Premium Member
103 Posts
Old Bear, that’s Bellevue WA. On a clear day you can also see the Olympic Mountains in the background, but it was smokey and hazy in late September when we took the picture.

· Registered
1985 El Camino SS
2 Posts
I had a 66 Chevelle the same color.. The built 350 4 speed went like a S O B. Still one of my favorite cars. I looked for a 66 El Camino for old time sake, but they were out of my price range and ended up with my 85 SS.
Bill

21 - 25 of 25 Posts