El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
0 Posts
Maybe a little suggestion. How about an engine bay shot to go along with the calendar shot. Like a 3x3 inch shot at the bottom left of the picture in the calendar?

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
Maybe a little suggestion. How about an engine bay shot to go along with the calendar shot. Like a 3x3 inch shot at the bottom left of the picture in the calendar?
..the problem is,you could have went over to a Buddy's house and take a picture of his custom built motor and say it yours, and no body would know the differnce,except you.It is a cool ideal,but like I said no one would know what you really have under the hood.:dontknow:
:beer:

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Will there be an album created in the gallery section as the entries are submitted (as in previous years), or do we have to wait until the voting to see them?

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
The issue i have is all i have seen are show quality, mine will never see paint or chrome, so ill pass thanks for the offer but lumpy is outclassed as usual:beer:
I'm with Woody on this. Heck my "Primer Donna" couldn't even make the Region 13 calendar and everybody knows us Red Neck Texans love our trucks.
Would anybody want to look at this everyday for a month?

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Will there be an album created in the gallery section as the entries are submitted (as in previous years), or do we have to wait until the voting to see them?
Yessir, E-Man. We'll be getting the Gallery up and in place probably over the next weekend...................Ken :dontknow:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry for the delay E Man............

Sorry for the delay in getting the Gallery up this year. It will probably be next weekend, as I've got to leave town for a few days. I will get the Gallery up and working just as soon as I find the time after I return. Meanwhile, where are the photos of your beautiful IROC for the 2013 Calendars?.............................Ken :dontknow:

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting the Gallery up this year. It will probably be next weekend, as I've got to leave town for a few days. I will get the Gallery up and working just as soon as I find the time after I return. Meanwhile, where are the photos of your beautiful IROC for the 2013 Calendars?.............................Ken :dontknow:
No worries, I know you guys are busy. I entered my '83 Super Sport into the contest this year. The IROC was in the 2011 Calendar, so I wanted to keep things fresh and I went with my '83 instead for 2013.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
No Entry Yet

No worries, I know you guys are busy. I entered my '83 Super Sport into the contest this year. The IROC was in the 2011 Calendar, so I wanted to keep things fresh and I went with my '83 instead for 2013.
I haven't received the entry yet, but I'll certainly look forward to seeing it..................Ken :dontknow:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Calendar Entries

My friends, I'm asking that all Calendar entries be submitted as early as possible this year. Early entry will be a great help as we deal with what we anticipate will be a much larger field of entries with the introduction of Regional Calendars. I want to remind everyone that we need at least 15 photos from a Region or Area for that group to be considered for a Regional Calendar. However, we need as many as possible just to make sure of an adequate supply of quality shots. I've attached a discussion of how to take the best possible shots of your Elky for the Calendar entries. Thanks very much for your attention.......................Ken :dontknow:

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Calendar Photo Entries Are Due Now

My friends, I'm asking that all Calendar entries be submitted as early as possible this year. Early entry will be a great help as we deal with what we anticipate will be a much larger field of entries with the introduction of Regional Calendars. I want to remind everyone that we need at least 15 photos from a Region or Area for that group to be considered for a Regional Calendar. However, we need as many as possible just to make sure of an adequate supply of quality shots. I've attached a discussion of how to take the best possible shots of your Elky for the Calendar entries. Thanks very much for your attention.......................Ken :dontknow:
Attached Files
00 Calendar Photo Discussion.pdf (472.4 KB, 4 views)

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bump

bump!..................

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
bump!..................
If I may ask just so I get the best pictures what would you say is wrong with this picture except the people in the back ground? Just for a starting point. I see the info on taking pictures but I'm not that good. You know what would be better can someone post a correct picture from one of the previous winners or where do I look? woops were all winners!!!!!!!!!!

Or more like this?

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Check an old Calendar...................

You've got a very beautiful Elky there, HKDUP87. What would help, if anything, would be to park her in front of an interesting scenic view, or in a nature setting. Take a look at some of our old calendar winners, and see what draws your eye into one of the photos. After looking at some of the pages, you will begin to see a difference, even among the most beautiful Elkies. Some draw you into the photo, making you aware of another story besides the car. This is because of the background being interesting. Whether it's a old building, a falling down barn, or a mountainside, you will be interested enough to want to seek out the rest of the story for some of the photos. Try it and I think you will see what I mean,

However, here's some hints that I've put together to help with photographing your Elky. Placement within the photo frame is very important, because of how a photo MUST be displayed on a Calendar page. The car cannot be at the very top of the photo, but should sit within the lower half. Don't fill the entire frame with the car. It's better to have the car fill up about 2/3 of the frame. If you take high MB size photos, I would rather you have the car fill up about 1/2 of the frame, toward the bottom, and allow us to crop the photo for the best calendar page fit. We need a minimum of 500KB if the photo will work as a fully enlagrged page of the largest calendar sole, and that's a very large page. However, most photos must be cropped in some way, thus reducing their file size significantly. That's why I ask for at least 1MB or larger, and the larger the better.

Now for the bottom line - Your photo examples would be fine as just an entry. What I am asking for with the pleas and examples I keep posting is for those photos that go more than JUST a photo. When you,ve captured one of the photos I'm talking about, you'll know it immediately when you see it on the screen. Please study the attached paper to see a little more of what I've been rambling about. And if you get a chance, look at TrannyMike's car from last year. Would that photo have been near as impressive if it had been sitting half in and half out of a driveway (and please don't take that as a slight about your photos!)?

In any event, I hope I've answered some of your questions, and not created more confusion. Thanks for asking, and if you want to talk more about it, please give me a call at 817-999-3821 between 8 and 8, daytime. THANKS again.......................Ken

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Questions Answered?

Did I help with your questions, HKDUP? Or bury you in more confusion?......................Ken :dontknow:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Regional Calendar Possibles..............................

Of those Regions or Areas thought to be viable for the proposed new Calendar publications, the following results are in as of today - 9/6/2012. If these publications are important to you, please take the time to discuss these numbers with your peers. These will be the Association's Calendars, that means yours, so try to make the Association and yourself proud...................Ken

TX has 14 entries
CA has 11 entries
The great frozen NE has 10
FL has 7 entries
Canada has 7 entries
Europe & Beyond will have over 20 entries from the Meijel, Netherlands Show

As I've said before, my experience tells me that it takes 15 to 20 photos to select 13 good, clear, crisp, high quality, and properly positioned Elkies for a Calendar. That means that some of the States need to really work at providing those photos if they are to be considered as a candidate for one of the Area or Regional Calendar publications. I'm about to send out another round of reminders, so please pardon my intrusion if you have already submitted your photos......................Ken

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Bump

Bump!

21 - 40 of 70 Posts