El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of the club officials considered making T-shirts available with other than a 1st or 5th gen ElCaminos on them? I'd personally like to see one with a 2nd generation Elky on it. And if it was a 66, that would even be better! Any chance of that in the near future??
Brian d. :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Having a cool era correct T-Shirt would be neat. Of course there is always the problem of the design. I'm a graphic artist and have done alot design. The biggest problem that comes up is so many different wants. A stock looking car? A race version pulling the front wheels off the ground? View of it, side front or my fav 3/4 angle? A T-shirt that shows the history of all years El Camino's or one for each generation? :?

In car clubs where we all are in one room we can do alot of show and tell with thumbs up or down on designs. :thumbsup: :cry:

But it can be done here I guess also.

So maybe we should ask the question or poll of what we want in a way of design as I have talked about above for starts?

Keep in mind color is very important as cost is concerned. 4-color is way more $$$ than single or two colors.

If any of you want to see a sample of my work I designed our club logo for my Turbo Buick club. http://norcalturbobuicks.com

Keep in mind it's much easier to have a "Logo" done as having a certain year of a car.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
70ELCO said:
In car clubs where we all are in one room we can do alot of show and tell with thumbs up or down on designs. :thumbsup: :cry:

But it can be done here I guess also.
Are you asking for specific generation forums?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Not at all. Just responding the 2nd Gen T-Shirt Question. But the same works for all of our El Camino years. I'm sure there is interest in this with everyone.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Every year for our annual Elcamino & chevelle show, my club has put out a different t-shirt- always with 2- 3 chevelles & elcamino's on it, and after 11 years of shows, we've hit pretty much every year combo you could want.

We are in the process of getting photos of our extra old shirts put online, but they are available for sale.

If you guys are really dying for elcamino shirts, i'll talk to our secretary and kick her into gear getting the pics and ordering info up on our club site...

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
70ELCO,
Really sharp GN logo!
-dan

I can barely keep up with the 1st and 5th generation t-shirts I've designed for the NECOA.
I have a 3rd and 4th gen combo design in the works, but my consulting work doesn't leave me much time to do t-shirt orders/designing/printing/sales/mailing efforts.
I confess, second gen was last on my "to do" list. I'll be glad to hand-off the t-shirt designs/graphic files/stock to someone who has the time and talent to do this part of our hobby.
someone please contact me.
-dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts