El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 ElCo (not sure on model) stock v6 231 3.8l
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all.
I'm looking to add (will be adding) a turbo to my 231. There is a lot of help for this, but I don't see anything on what to do for the vacuum side for the transmission.
My question is simple (I hope). I have the TH350 tranny and it will have a blow-through carb. Also, will the brake power booster be affected at all?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I spoke with a friend who has a ‘79 Century Turbo Coupe. It has a 3.8, Quadrajet, Turbo 350 trans and vacuum brakes (all factory). All of his systems work fine, apparently because the vacuum is sourced after the carburetor (and a lot of 3.8 SFI turbo guys have converted to vacuum brakes with no problem). His modulator is plumbed into the intake behind the carburetor.
Patrick

·
Registered
1984 ElCo (not sure on model) stock v6 231 3.8l
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with a friend who has a ‘79 Century Turbo Coupe. It has a 3.8, Quadrajet, Turbo 350 trans and vacuum brakes (all factory). All of his systems work fine, apparently because the vacuum is sourced after the carburetor (and a lot of 3.8 SFI turbo guys have converted to vacuum brakes with no problem). His modulator is plumbed into the intake behind the carburetor.
Patrick

pbr400. While cleaning up the engine compartment I was able to more clearly see where the vacuum lines came out, and you are correct in your description. I appreciate your comment.

thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts