El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called up the recycling center and they took motors but the oil pan must be off and no dripping oil so that was out I would just have another mess to clean up. I got the hoist and put the motor in the alley then got a piece of cardboard to make a sign and someone was already loading it on their junk truck. They drive around all day picking up what ever they can find in these old trucks. I don't know how with the price of gas they make any money but their everywhere. So the 305 is long gone and I'm dropping off the lift at Riches and there just happens to be a G body show by his house so were going to check it out:beer::beer::secret:

· VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,105 Posts
Can you please give me the GPS coordinates for that alley? I want to send my mother-out-law over there.

· Registered
4,812 Posts
I've got an ex for them also.

Its gonna take more than 2 of them to pick her up though.

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you please give me the GPS coordinates for that alley? I want to send my mother-out-law over there.
She better be fast and early these suckers will take anything laying around if your not watching. The old ladies come out late night or early am with their coat hangers on the day before trash day. I don't care where you go you will always see someone looking in the trash.

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've got an ex for them also.

Its gonna take more than 2 of them to pick her up though.

There was one guy and it's gone. If he left to get someone it would have been gone before he got back. I could have been cool and used the lift to help but last time OI put stuff back there they tore everything apart and left a huge mess and the big green trash bin was there , but why would you through it in there the ground is closer or they think it's bad luck to use a trash can?????????

Never thought about asking one in a fast food parking lot where there's cans all over but they seem to be able to open the car door but must be afraid of stepping out on the ground so they drop it and leave.

· Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,819 Posts
I also got a good laugh out of Mario`s comment about rolling the motor over the bridge . These " sidewalk pickers " are also alive and well here in the lower Fl. Keys and Key West , Fl. area . It is unbelievable what people will take away from your " free box " as we call it . At my houses over the years , they have picked up car parts , old bamboo fencing , mattresses , building supplies , clothing , shrimp doors and artwork that was so ugly I would not put it in my house ! I`ve also learned that if you have them sitting on a table , that it is a good idea to put a cable and lock on the table . Recycling is alive and well . What are some of the things that people have carted off from around your house ?

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come on Robert!

You know you rolled that thing off some bridge and into a river at 3 in the morning, LOL!! :jk:

Back of Ralphs they over price their food!!!!!:secret::secret:

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also got a good laugh out of Mario`s comment about rolling the motor over the bridge . These " sidewalk pickers " are also alive and well here in the lower Fl. Keys and Key West , Fl. area . It is unbelievable what people will take away from your " free box " as we call it . At my houses over the years , they have picked up car parts , old bamboo fencing , mattresses , building supplies , clothing , shrimp doors and artwork that was so ugly I would not put it in my house ! I`ve also learned that if you have them sitting on a table , that it is a good idea to put a cable and lock on the table . Recycling is alive and well . What are some of the things that people have carted off from around your house ?
If I put a dumpster out side and sat looking out my window for 24hrs I bet there would be at least 20 or so pickers at the min. dig through it and 1/2 of it would be on the ground .

· Banned
5,787 Posts
i had 2 doors for my b body wagon taken from my backyard didnt touch anything else just those 2 doors ??? walked off aint seen en since,, long gone is the b body wagon,, moved up to a g body wagon yippee :nanawrench:

· Supporting Member
4,729 Posts
I had a fridge go bad on me. Put it out for the garbage guys, but they wouldn't take it. Sat there for a couple of days, so a friend suggested putting a "For Sale" sign on it. It was gone the next morning:beer:

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had a fridge go bad on me. Put it out for the garbage guys, but they wouldn't take it. Sat there for a couple of days, so a friend suggested putting a "For Sale" sign on it. It was gone the next morning:beer:
That's a good one. I was making a sign when one pulled up he couldn't see me but he was quick. I didn't watch but he was by himself with a full sized p/u and the motor was crated so I don't know how he got it on the truck?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.