El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm hitting up the local Pic-N-Pull this weekend and will be looking for some 305 heads with casting #416. I really don't want to pull every valve cover on all of the 80-86 Chevy vehicles there. Is there a certain type / model / year that is more likely to have the 416 casting?

Thanks in advance!

·
Supporting Member
4,527 Posts
For the 416, you will likely need to look for a Monte Carlo SS, or an F-body with TPI or Carb ( HO Version).

I've got a pair of the 081 heads if you ever get to Vegas. Same head, but with Center Bolt valve covers and slightly different angle on the two center intake bolts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow up!

I found a set after quite a bit of searching. They were on an 88 Blazer. Here is a list of vehicles that the 305 came in for reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Small-Block_engine#305

Total time to search & remove, 4 hours (found some other goodies I was looking for along the way). Cost for both heads, $76.00. Now for some cleaning, paint and new gaskets all around.

Anyone else notice that these pull your own parts places have entirely too many broken parts? I mean, some moron who only wants the steering column from a 56 Ford P/U totally destroyed the perfectly good dash to get at it!
:let_it_all_out:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Anyone else notice that these pull your own parts places have entirely too many broken parts? I mean, some moron who only wants the steering column from a 56 Ford P/U totally destroyed the perfectly good dash to get at it!
:let_it_all_out:

Oh yeah!! Same problem in Ohio,,,, I found a pair of cloth red Cutlass door panels,, it was 10 minutes before closing, went the next morning and some Moron pulled the door panels out,, I have no idea what this dipstick was looking for, but they did it to about every G body,, trashed these outstanding panels.. still wondering what the heck those boneheads where looking for,,,, Matty man

1 - 4 of 4 Posts