El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 Caballero with a 305 and would like to mate a 350 to my thm2004r trans. It's my daily driver. I want a motor with some sack but a 383 stroke is a bit much and not necessary. I'm thinking a roller motor with about 350 hp. From what I gather my trans is special so I want to use it. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
The 2004r is basically a 700r4 in a smaller case so it will fit where a T350 was, with a few differences. It will handle pretty much the same as the 700 and anyone that builds the 700 can build the 200 and there are shift kits available. There are differing opinions and nobody is really wrong so I say bolt that 350 to it and enjoy. You can sift through all the opinions while driving your car and if the trans ever needs more attention you can go any way you like! Best part is if you decide on a 700r4 the only real mods will be a new crossmember (I like the G-force) and getting the drive shaft shortened! Have fun!

Joe

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,456 Posts
blueprint engine & the GM Crate has great 350's with warranty, there is many options with both just depends how thick your wallet is

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,456 Posts
just go thru their website & just search what they have & what your budget is

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Like Steve said, options abound! Check out the GM crate motors and search for prices, you will be surprised at the variation in prices. I think they discontinued the GM ZZ4 crate engine but that one was awesome! I helped a friend install one in his 80 C10....... We had fun in that truck!

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts