El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am pre registered and planning on attending the 12th Annual CARe Show on 31 Jan 2015.

This show takes place the "Saturday before Super Bowl Sunday".

http://sjcrotary.org/page/carshow

As a Volunteer for the original Charity Sponsor, I helped grow this show from 150 to 550 vehicles. After 11 years, this will be the first time I have a car to enter!

Cars are parked on grass and mixed together. The earlier you get in line the closer to the band stand. It is usually a low key event with a large variety of vehicles.

Well behaved dogs on leashes are welcome to attend. Usually, we expect there to be over one hundred well behaved dogs coming to the show. So make sure to bring yours too. It looks like the Disk2Dogs Team will be having an exhibit again.

Flyer http://www.socalcarculture.com/Images/013115SanJuanCapistrano.pdf

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a slide show style video to give a little flavor of the show.
There is a nice 71 El Camino, black with flames at about 6:45

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,455 Posts
Cool video.

How about it. Is anyone interested in attending this event?? It's for the pets (4 legged kind)

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
.looks cool,but, I gotta pass.!!..:cry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will be attending this show. I attend almost every year, this year I'll be in my Nova wagon. It's a fun show, and a great way to kick off the new year.
Thanks for the heads up, last year I missed it, because I didn't see any advertising.
jim

·
1,455 Posts
It sounds like this is picking up some steam. I drove past San Juan this past week end. I'm strongly looking into attending.

Are there any other takers???:dontknow:

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Approx. 90 minutes from Los Angeles
Approx. 90 minutes from San Diego
Approx. 90 minutes from Inland Empire

Save $10, Early registration ends New Years Eve
http://sjcrotary.org/page/carshow

Helps support local Rotary programs like their local Boy Scout "Hut" (Center), and their regional programs. CARE still participates, yet is now a foundation.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a link for the 10 day weather outlook.
There is a rain date for the event, yet as of now, things are looking like a nice day for 31 Jan 2015.
This show is always the Saturday morning, before Superbowl Sunday, so plenty of time to get home in time to prep Saturday afternoon for the Sunday game.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/92675:4:US

·
1,455 Posts
Sorry I will not be able to attend this show. My son is coming over and I'm working on his truck.
:eek3:

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
See you there SurfTruck and anyone else who makes it.
I should be easy to find, with something looking like this.
Weather looks like 53 degrees in early morning warming up to 67 degrees.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Along with well over 550 cars, trucks and eclectic vehicles, the best weather the 12th Annual CARe Show 2015 could not have been nicer.

Along with SurfTrucks cool Nova Wagon, a 1976 Cadillac Mirage, 72 Ranchero, there were six El Caminos in attendance.

Yes, I left my modified NECOA contact cards with each car. I spoke with most owners and hopefully we will gain some active members.
SurfTrucks Cool Nova Wagon
1976 Cadillac Mirage,
Ranchero for sale at $23K

Attachments

·
1,455 Posts
Cool pic's. Sorry I missed it. Looks like a good showing for El Caminos.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The slide show from a couple years ago shows some of the flavor of this show.
However, this show still encourages the adoption of homeless pets from rescue groups and shelters.
With a terrific public attendance, getting images had challenges (sign of a good show if nearly all images have people in them).
I got limited on time, yet still caught these images as the cars started leaving, which are my favorite images of the show.
1914 Ford
1932 Vicky

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Old Bear,
great show as usual. My friends and dog had a great time, followed up by an afternoon at the swallows inn.
To the rest of you, you guys missed a great show on a great sunny day with all kinds of cars in attendance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts