1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I looked at Eagle and did not see any rods for the 327,, I use to race the stock class with a 327, KS/A but you had to run the stock rods, here is Scat rod info,, 2-350-5700-2000 is the part #, your crank is a 2.00 rod journal and like JJLT stated a 3.25 stroke,, be warned,, youre going to pay double or better compared to a 350 small block,, a older 350,, I love the 327`s but the parts are $$,, crazy I know,, George what are your plans for the 327?? If it is just a driver and youre going to crank it up every once in a while then the stock rods with ARP bolts will be fine,,I never had a rod failure in my wagon I ran, it was 3600# and cranked out 12.50`s with a 4 speed,, we got the car and put in a powerglide and never got quicker than 13.20, not bad with a 275 HP motor and .390/.410 lift cam,, Matty man

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
Is the 327 a large, or small journal ? '67 was a year of change.....

If it's the large journal crank, I believe 350 ( 5.7 ") rods will work, which leaves open lots of options for rods. Pistons are bound to cost more than for a 350....
Rod journals are the same size in 1968 for the 302, 307, 327, and 350, (2.10 inches) , but '67, if you have that year for sure, has the small 2.0 inch rod journals. My manual shows some 327s in '67 as the same code as '68 (?) like code MA, and code ME.
Measure the rod journals to be sure what you have & check the engine code on the block just ahead of the right head.....

·
Registered
2,727 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Actually, it was mid year 1967 that GM started installing the new large journal motor in cars. With the 68 model year coming out in Sept and Aug, the large journal found it's way into more than a few 67 model year cars, and the few residual small journal motors ended up being put in 68 model year cars. That's why the general consensus of cars manufactured IN 68 and especially mid year 68 were large journal. But then, there is always exceptions to every rule. So you have to really pay atention to the build date if your trying to ID by car model year,, but the casting # on the back of the block will positively ID it without having to pull th epan, a rod and mic it for your self.

A friend bought a 66 Chevelle new off the showroom floor. 327 and 4spd. When he was restoring it he pulled the motor and it had 4bolt main caps. Keep in mind NO small journal 327 blocks were 4bolt main blocks,, NONE!!! OK except for this one maybe LOL

Always an exception to the rules.

That said, and assuming he has a 67, 2.000" rod, the Eagle CRS6000S3D is 6" sbc rod for the 2.000" rod journals, Heck they even a 6" H beam 327 rod using the 1.889 honda journal. And as said, it takes a piston made especially for the extended rod length.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.