El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater wasn't working on my 72 , so i removed the dash pad , checked for power going into the heater switch, which there was but no power coming out . I removed the screws holding the heater control pad to the dash , then removed the switch from the heater control panel. Turns out the switch opens when you stretch open the couple small clips and the parts are very basic. All the contacts were exremely coroded , using a 80 grit sanding attachment on my dremel tool I cleaned all the contacts and reassembeled everything . All heater controls work now . You can probably buy the switch but you can take it apart and clean it in less then 5 minutes .

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
A row of screws along the top of the instrument panel as well as two in the glove box. Then just lift and pull toward you, there are clips along the front that will slide out. The clips may come loose from the dash pad. I recommend glueing them in place before you re-install the pad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.