El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have always been under the impression that the wheels that came on the 3rd Gen EC's for '71-'72 were the same as the Camaro '70-'81 and the '71-'72 Chevelle's, all being 15x7 with the trim ring and center cap, only difference was the center cap and the code/date?

Now I just saw some listed as 15x8? I think this is just somone not know what they have and listing them wider than they are or do I stand corrected? :dontknow:

See attached for the wheel I am referring to.

Attachments

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
I have a set of the original SS wheels (1972 date stamped) They are 15x7. I'll get pics of those and the other individual parts I promised maybe tomorrow. Working on my big beast Silverado today.

:beer:

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of the original SS wheels (1972 date stamped) They are 15x7. I'll get pics of those and the other individual parts I promised maybe tomorrow. Working on my big beast Silverado today.

Great! Send me the pic's!

I had (or maybe I should say my wife since I never got to use it much!) a Silverado, never needed anything. What are you doing to it?

BTW, you have those wheels as spares (For Sale)? If so, what do you want for them?

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
you could BOTH be right here. I know for a fact that 71/72 442 rallye wheels were 15 X 7, UNLESS you had a 455 in it, then they were 15 X 8. I believe all GMs in that time period had 15 X 8s on the big block vehicles, but know for sure that 442s were like that. I had a set of the 15 X 8 olds rallyes I took off a stock 455 442 and put on my 67 C10.

:secret:

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could BOTH be right here. I know for a fact that 71/72 442 rallye wheels were 15 X 7, UNLESS you had a 455 in it, then they were 15 X 8. I believe all GMs in that time period had 15 X 8s on the big block vehicles, but know for sure that 442s were like that. I had a set of the 15 X 8 olds rallyes I took off a stock 455 442 and put on my 67 C10.

:secret:
So the Olds had some 15x8 spoke wheels like the picture I posted? That is what I need as that was the only drawback to going to the original SS wheels, I thought they were ONLY 15x7.

Car has 15x8 Rally's on the front and 15x10's on the back, just not my style! All 4 wheels same size.....makes life simplier.

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Bought these off a kid years ago that had a 72 Elky SS. He wanted mags
15X7 with trim rings $100.00 all I needed were center caps and lug nuts.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
..I don't know if this will help ya out or not,but here a chart of whats what...:dontknow:

..it looks like only the vette has 15X8's..:dontknow:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
My 69 SS has 14x6 or 7 ralleys, stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts