El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is the 3rd try on this,I want a Stock radio with dials dial on the left and dial on the right,i do not want a digital face radio that some one made fit, just a stock am fm radio that came from the factory in a el camino 5th gen
here again is a picture of what i want, Thanks Lets try this again ... I do not want to cut up my radio bezel

Like this but am fm and no tape is fine

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
OK this is the 3rd try on this,I want a Stock radio with dials dial on the left and dial on the right,i do not want a digital face radio that some one made fit, just a stock am fm radio that came from the factory in a el camino 5th gen
here again is a picture of what i want, Thanks Lets try this again ... I do not want to cut up my radio bezel

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3442/181/33602590009_large.jpg

I wonder why my factory one is different than your dash? my stereo bezel wasn't cut and i'm the og owner? Must have made different models?

Looks like they changed the dash look on my 87. So 5th gen. doesn't apply need year to get the correct parts.

If you still have mine I can give you my ups acct number and you can ship it back to me.
Robert

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
78 to 85 are small, old style units. 86 and 87 went to the big 'double din' or whatever the biz calls them. I don't know what year other series switched, but G bodies switched then.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can get one from a 79 or 80 malibu, is that the same thing? Its just an AM/FM with sliver knobs and isn't a digital nothing. I'll get it and see if it still works.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,619 Posts
78 to 85 are small, old style units. 86 and 87 went to the big 'double din' or whatever the biz calls them. I don't know what year other series switched, but G bodies switched then.
'86 & '87 Elkies have what is called the 1 1/2 DIN with a digital tuner. The 1 1/2 DIN was used mostly by GM and Chrysler from the late 80's thru the early 2000's. Now, almost all manufacturers use a double DIN. But, let's get back to Roy's request...

Roy, I'll check my parts pile tonight, but I'm pretty sure I don't have what you need.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts

...you might have better luck looking at 4th Gen. for the raido you want...:dontknow:

:poke::poke::beer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robert look at your Radio face (Bezel) and a stock one Your has been Cut and modified all 5th Gen bezels are the same ,unless its been cut ,stock ones looks the same as the picture i have sent .....:texas::texas:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Robert look at your Radio face (Bezel) and a stock one Your has been Cut and modified all 5th Gen bezels are the same ,unless its been cut ,stock ones looks the same as the picture i have sent .....:texas::texas:
That's not actually true Roy...the 86/87 used the one that Robert has in his cruck. In 86 they went to the bigger radio like he sent you and in doing so they had to change the bezel.

Here's a link to the reproduction...http://www.mikesmontes.com/1986-88-...-Face-Plate-Dark-Gray-wSilver-Trim_p_843.html

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts

I just ordered one last week and it's on backorder from OPGI.

• Retail Price ........................................$91.95
  • OPGI Price ........................................$82.98
  • Color: Select Color Black (BK) Dark Claret (CL) Dark Blue (DB) Dark Gray (DG) Dark Saddle (DS)
  • Quantity: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Please select an option above to see stock status

• Part ID: L240633Model Year: 1986-87Sold As: EACH
  • Part Type: R

Premium injection-molded faceplate

Maintain an authentic appearance

Authentically reproduced to OEM

THIS IS FROM MONTYS 86/87 THE ONE ABOVE IS OPGI 87 WHATS UP PLUS I PAID $35.00 MORE AND IT'S NOT GOING TO FIT FROM OPGI. IF OPGI IS WRONG LET ME KNOW I'M GOING TO NEED FIRE POWER TO RETURN THIS.

This looks upside down from mine and I just looked and it's not cut but when they did my truck I had the complete dash replaced. What year do I have? **** I don't think this will work because my A/C CONTROLS ARE ON TOP AND THE HOLE ON TOP OF MINE IS SMALL AND THE LIGHTER IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE. Looks like an $85.00 F-up.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
maybe I am mis-reading this, but if it is on backorder, call OPGI and cancel the order. I've done that a couple of times when Year One had the part I was looking for.
I'm going to try it's been 7 working days and if it's in transit to them I probably can't cancel. Take a look at the pictures above who's right OPGI OR MONTE mine looks like monty's and it's $30.00 less.:dontknow::dontknow: they both say 86/87

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
to me they look the same, just one has pic upside down.... Try to cancel order, but check that Monte has it in stock. Good luck
opgi the top is longer than the bottom just like mine but the holes are opposite the frame is correct. I will cancel if I can . Could the stereo in mine been optional upgrade ? you know what don't they say picture may not match

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
I'm going to try it's been 7 working days and if it's in transit to them I probably can't cancel. Take a look at the pictures above who's right OPGI OR MONTE mine looks like monty's and it's $30.00 less.:dontknow::dontknow: they both say 86/87
...I would think,that your so close to OPGI,that you would drive over there,instead of waiting seven days for shipping..:poke::poke:
:beer:

·
Registered
449 Posts

the one in the pic looks like an AM radio. I have one that is like the one in the picture. if you are interested in one like that let me know. i can take a picture of it.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
...I would think,that your so close to OPGI,that you would drive over there,instead of waiting seven days for shipping..:poke::poke:
:beer:
This is L.A. someone may hit me and mess up my new paint job so I don't want to drive it for a month just look at it. Also I can't afford the gas the part took all my alotted gas money for the month and I need to eat.:poke: I was down there picking up my new headlight bezels but the only color they had was dark red. If it's to late to cancel I could probably move the air below what's the difference may have to make some brackets or if all else fails get the crazy glue and glue the face plate to the back and get some foam rubber and cram it in.:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts