El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm browsing the want ad's for Elky's and I run into this ad for a "'78 Chevy El Camino - Four Door". Thats gotta stop your eyes. I first figured it would be some massive hack job. The guy wants $7500 for it and lives up here in the North East. So, I email him and ask for pics, which he sends. While 3rd Gen Elky's are my favorite, you do have to admit, the body lines are well kept. Plus, the rear are suicide doors.
If anyone is interested, I do have the guys name and number. From the pics, it actually looks to be in pretty good shape. Check it out

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
I believe there's a picture of it in one of the galleries. It is unique. Not sure if I like it or not. I guess I would have to see it in person. A thumbsup for the work though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Woa! That's definately unique. 'not sure how well I like the longer cab, but man that's cool.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Yup, it's in the elky gallery "Hall of shame"

·
Registered
88 Posts
im going to show this to my dad. where in MA is it?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what John, the owner,responded back to me when I asked him about his ad:

Hi,
I do still have this car..... i have enclosed a few pics.... i currently am
resting a broken arm, so typing has become somewhat of a difficult task.....if you have more questions, i would rather answer them over the
phone....603/532/6170, eves... i am just over the mass border just north of winchendon, ma.... about 1 hr. from 495 at the junction of rte 2
john

And this is what the ad stated in a local "Want Advertiser":
78 Chevy El Camino 4 -dr. The only 4-dr El Camino on earth. Built right by custom car builder,stretched 33'' suicide back drs.Blk ext w/tons of body mods, purple & gray int. Air ride susp. 305, auto, AC, tilt, tinted glass, 16" Ronal whls, spray bed liner, roll pan. One of a kind. $7500. Email: [email protected]. Call Eves (Jaffrey, NH.) 603-532-6170.

I'm sure he won't mind me posting it here, seeing that he is trying to sell it.

Hope this helps. I'd check it out myself, but I have to keep my main ride 1st and formost. But the mind does seem to wander......

·
Registered
314 Posts
7500 sounds decent if the body work is smooth, and you thought it came off the line like that

·
Banned
881 Posts
He's been trying to sell that Elky for quite a while. I first saw that Elky at the 1999 Power Tour East. The guy had just finisned it to take on the Power Tour. It was gray back then.

He took a Malibu station wagon and grafted the bed of an Elky onto it. The thing that stood out was the roof lines at the top of the rear window don't match very well. The suicide doors were pretty trick though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i dont see why thats a hall of shamer, i would love to drive around in that with 4 of my best idiots, er.... friends!

On another note, as we all know, the El Camino is a veritable babe magnet. But what is one to do without a back seat? the truck bed is quite uncomfy, so that seems like the perfect solution. now if only i had $7500 handy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
drive out ot the country and bring a few blankets its a hell of a lot cheaper than 7500... under the stars how romantic blah blah blah.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
all the chicks at my high school loved my elky, 'oh thats such a cool car' and my girlfriend loves it, not to mention she's well into cars(she's a keeper!!)

but there were the guys who didnt like it(they were jealous that their civic wasnt working the same way : ) and my elky was bone stock!!

i heard on another board, some chick thought that she would gain like 5 HP from LOWERING her car....wtf! ARGH i just can't stand rice :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
well, my truck has gotten more than a few positive compliments from the opposite sex, and its still badly in need of work. My girlfriend loves it too, she may not know much about cars but shes a definite keeper herself. Besides, shes willing to learn :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
and what better way to teach a girl about cars than a good lesson in internal combustion? :p :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts