El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Hadn't been since 2016.Too early to know yet if life will improve enough for me to feel like going. 70 bucks to enter now.
Drove there & back 2 or 3 days for quite a few years.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,608 Posts
I have a brother in law who goes every year. Maybe I will go this year Lord willing and the Creek don't rise.

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
It's worth the entry since you do so much walking all day, you don't have to walk to your car at the end of the day. Also if you buy anything at the swap shop you can take it right to your Elky instead of carrying it around.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,608 Posts
I am going to try to go for one day only. Which day would be best?

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Thursday least crowded, but most vendors are out.
Friday pretty busy, but more tolerable if you don't like the huge crowds,
Sat the busiest as far as crowds.
Sunday afternoon many are packing up & leaving.
I'd pick friday.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,226 Posts
Steve , thanks for the heads up to the Turkey Run . For those that may not be aware , the Daytona Turkey Run fills up the entire inside of the Daytona Speedway . Once you see Steve`s link of past runs , you will have a good idea of why it has been sooo popular for so many years .Everything is there from great rides , car corral , mega swap meet , food , vendors , you name it . Go over to the tunnel where a lot of vehicles leave through in the afternoon for one of the best cruise bys you will see in the southeast . Numerous cruise-ins and meet ups in the area are fun to join in . Like Joe , I am hoping to attend after about a 5 year absence and waiting to see how the health situation is . Good news is that most of the event is outdoors .

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,748 Posts
I hope to make the trip there this year. Haven't missed a Turkey Run since 1995.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,226 Posts
I'll be going on the Friday to the show. Not sure if I'll be staying up in Daytona that night but most likely not.
Kyle , Would you drive up to Daytona , attend the Turkey Run and and then drive back to Palm Beach in the same day ?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Nice! Well if you're thinking of making the trip up to the Turkey run early Friday morning maybe we can caravan up there together. I'll more than likely be doing Thanksgiving there and heading up to Daytona from there Friday.
I've been there many times in past , but due to health & old age problems I can no longer do that . Randy has been quiet for long time , don't know about him . Have a good time & take lots of photos . Where in Palm Bay do your relatives live ? I'm in NW , Randy in NE .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts