El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've been there many times in past , but due to health & old age problems I can no longer do that . Randy has been quiet for long time , don't know about him . Have a good time & take lots of photos . Where in Palm Bay do your relatives live ? I'm in NW , Randy in NE .
Well sorry you won’t be making the trip. They live off Palm Bay road not far from the mall off 95.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,231 Posts
I did not see it on their website and was wondering if they still have someone bring a fuel dragster and periodically start it up for the crowd to hear . The last time I was there , Don Garlits brought one of his dragsters .

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,751 Posts
Leaving for Daytona Beach from Texas today. Anyone getting together in or nearby the Turkey Run?

Reactions: squag27

·
5,231 Posts
Rushgator , Good to read you are making another trip to this fabulous event . Making me think how many times you have attended ? Too much going on for me to attend but would be a great opportunity to take my 87 and place it for sale in the car corral . Are you driving your Camino this time or your driver ? Anyone that has not attended the Turkey Run should Google it . Enjoy your trip :cool:

Reactions: rushgator

·
5,231 Posts
Kyle , Great to see that you will be able to attend this fabulous event . A lot of us are jealous :rolleyes: Glad to hear your 82 is on another road trip . It was very enjoyable to get a ride in it at the recent St. Augustine Museum Show when we meet Chuck , R/T , Ona and their friends for dinner . The conversations about racing the diesel trucks was enjoyable to hear and I wish I understood more of what was said . Your LS engine and 6 speed is :cool:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Kyle , Great to see that you will be able to attend this fabulous event . A lot of us are jealous :rolleyes: Glad to hear your 82 is on another road trip . It was very enjoyable to get a ride in it at the recent St. Augustine Museum Show when we meet Chuck , R/T , Ona and their friends for dinner . The conversations about racing the diesel trucks was enjoyable to hear and I wish I understood more of what was said . Your LS engine and 6 speed is :cool:
Thanks Lenny! It's going on this trip and then, if all goes according to plan, it will be going under the knife for it's next iteration. I'm looking to have a shop in Gainesville go through the driveline to see if they can nail down my phantom vibration once and for all as well as tune the Holley Sniper on the car so it'll be going to them for a while.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Hadn't been since 2016, so please let me know with pics if yall see anything I'd consider extra special.
Speaking of LS & 6 speed, Mine was purchased at rod run in 02' & delivered to my house.

·
5,231 Posts
Joe , like you , a number of us are wishing we were there at the Turkey Run with Kyle . I can still remember how excited I was when I first saw your radically cool Camino at the Turkey Run ;) This was before you have continued to enhance it with some serious modifications . Those that may have not seen Joe`s ride , will enjoy searching for his photos ; including , the ones in Region 6 , Fl. Gainesville Get Together and 1/4 Mile Run sponsored by 87next2last1 .

·
Registered
944 Posts
I got a little wrapped up in things while at the show so I didn't get to take many pictures but it was a pretty good turnout. I've been going for probably 15 years now and it was as busy as I've ever seen it. Definitely worth the experience of getting the car up to Daytona for the first time.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,751 Posts
Yes, good show. Went Thursday before the big crowds turned out. Saw a lot of nice rides in the show area and car corral. Also, the night time cruise in at One Daytona was pretty good, too. Went to that on Saturday night. No, I didn't drive anything. Flew out with the family for the week.

Reactions: Lenny Carey
21 - 32 of 32 Posts