El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please send me a series of pictures of a 4th gen El Camino (preferably the 1977 model) so that I can make 3D model for any future use? I just can't seem to find any model of the 4th gen.

A series of 12-24 high resolution (min 1024x768 ) photos taken around the car (overlapping and taken somewhat evenly) would be highly appreciated. The model can later be used in videogames, die casting model cars, etc.

Once created I'll share the result.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Balazs

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a few pictures around the car (all 4 sides and 4 corner shots) but i don't have them all from the same elevation. Feel free to check out my photo bucket album

If it was summer I could help you out more but my car won't be back on the road for another month or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you try looking in the gallery for the pictures you need?
Sure, I started with that, but I just could not get a comprehensive set of images. Any applications that I tried expects a set that is taken approximately every 20 degrees around the car (~18 pics total). For the best result, several elevations are preferred (eg one at hood height, one at roof height looking to the center) The galleries everywhere show 4-6 images of the exterior (which is sufficient to give a general overview).

Just to give you an overview of what is expected by the program see this set of images:

I assume that for anyone who actually has a 4th gen El Camino with sufficient space to walk around it and a regular digital camera (with say 5 MPixel resolution), this should not take more than 15-20 minutes, but would be a tremendous contribution!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a few pictures around the car (all 4 sides and 4 corner shots) but i don't have them all from the same elevation. Feel free to check out my photo bucket album

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/ND_H/June 2011/DSCF3040.jpg

If it was summer I could help you out more but my car won't be back on the road for another month or so.
Man! Your ride looks awesome! I love every detail about it (color, rims, etc). If you don't want to take it out in the cold now, do you mind if I get back to you in a month with the same request? I'll set up a reminder :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thats cool I've never used either program but I do generally like autodesk's programs. If you need any help making anything for your models let me know and I'll draw them up in solidworks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats cool I've never used either program but I do generally like autodesk's programs. If you need any help making anything for your models let me know and I'll draw them up in solidworks.
Hi ozzman, thanks, I want to do the same (model some style elements to this car in SW), but for that I need the base model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts