El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade the gauge cluster on my 1976 GMC Sprint. It currently has the round gauges and I simply want to replace them to make it look as original as possible. I have been considering going with Dakota Digital gauges, but they have never built a custom gauge cluster for the 1976 GMC Sprint. Has anyone had any experience with replacing/upgrading the gauges on the 4th generations? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,092 Posts
I'd like to do the Dakota in my '75, but they just don't make them for those years.

What I have seen (no direct experience) is some of the guys who have the same years Laguna's and Chevelle's find aftermarket gauges that are the same size as the round openings and wire them in that way, usually looks nice from what I have seen.

There is a good website (G3GM) and some Facebook pages where I have seen these.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I swapped (am swapping) out my sweep speedo and idiot lights with round gauges. I used GlowShift. They look pretty nice. Maybe the only thin original will be that they are round ;-) Cost was not bad at all. Take a look.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Id rather have the sweep speedo then the round one. I have a 69 SS and those round gauges are so hard to read.. The sweep speedo is so easy to read..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I've been making phone calls for several days trying to find someone who can do a custom build for my 76. I've contacted New Vintage USA and they can do the build. They sent me a photo of a build they did on one and it looks amazing. Has anyone had experience with their gauges? I guess, beggars can't be choosers with the unavailability of this build! :cool2:

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,637 Posts
So, I've been making phone calls for several days trying to find someone who can do a custom build for my 76. I've contacted New Vintage USA and they can do the build. They sent me a photo of a build they did on one and it looks amazing. Has anyone had experience with their gauges? I guess, beggars can't be choosers with the unavailability of this build! :cool2:
Please post what they sent you

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello gents. sorry to revive an old thread, but restoring the gauges on my 77 is getting close to the top of my list.
did you purchase this? do you like it ?
and 2 what's up with that obd plug?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts