• Other

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Was looking around forms Google, Craigslist etc...and I've seen many 4X4 El Caminos. Some great and some...:neutral2:. Now before the NECOA seizes me Elky from me just hear me out. I'm not looking to jack it up, put the biggest tires I can find then paint it camo. (No offense if you're into that sorta stuff.) I just think something better for the snow and a nice custom mod so I can take it anywhere I please cause because I love driving it. It is a 5th gen 1985 El Camino Conquista and here are my questions are.
1.What's best Chevy frame to use??
2.Would a '99 S-10 4X4 frame work?
3.Who's the best guy/gal to talk to this about as far as what to do what would be best and the functionality of it finished?

Thanks for reading all help, opinions and answers are apreciated.

- Kevin

P.S. I would like to say I want it to look as original and factory as possible.
-Kevin

G

·
Youre gonna want the Blazer frame. Its the best fit and is sturdy enough...Hey,Im from Texas,thats how I know these weird things.....

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
there is a post on here some where that showed a 4X4 camino for sale that was on a extended cab s-10 4x4 frame that looked factory. They did say that they chanled the body so that the camino body would sit lower on the frame. Like I said it looked great because they did not use big tires, or modify the out side of the camino body, plus you could not see the frame. Here is a picture of it, there is more some where

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/3459289720.html
80 El Camino (Made for Mud) - Lifted - Price Reduced - $2500 (West Fort Worth)

Date: 2012-12-16, 7:42AM CST
Reply to this postReply to: [email protected][?]

El Camino sits on a K5 blazer frame. Its 4x4, automatic trans. Has a vortec 350 and 350 turbo trans. Doesn't leak any fluids. Has 33" dynapro Hankook tires on it that are only about 4 months old. They are still brand new. The whole truck is rhino lined inside and out. There is a bad spot on the driver side of the exterior, behind the door ..at bottom where the truck has a 10"x 6" spot knocked in it from bottoming out on a rock. The interior is in pretty good condition. Black leather, the only bad spot is on the driver side of the seat where the leather has a couple rips in it wear you sit. Has external oil and temp gauge on the dash. Flowmaster exhaust, sounds great but has a small leak in pipe off of the manifold. Its a quick cheap fix at a muffler shop, just haven't had the time to get it to one. The truck is a head turner. It is a one of a kind, every where you go people want to look, talk about it and take pics. Any other questions, call or text 8 17 258 1393... Asking $2500 OBO. Will NOT DO TRADES - CASH ONLY!

Donny

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Checkin around and found some 90s models and a '85 for cheap. Wouldn't think the '85 would have the push button 4x4. Would a 90s K5 swap go pretty smoothly? :???:

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Personally if you are going for a factory not lifted look I would find an s10 blazer or extended cab s10

It may be a little more work but will sit lower and ride much nicer than the K5 full size blazer.

Also will have independent front suspension.

And the same bolt pattern wheels that you have now.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Also the s10 will be narrower and fit into the wheel wells.

The K5 will set the tires out wider

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,367 Posts
...Heck, when you said 4X4 5th gen. my thoughts was something along the lines of having a Cadillac ATS All-wheel Drive train set up in it...keep the low profile or stock look ,but, light up on all four corners..be a Big Surprise..:beer:
:beer:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Personally if you are going for a factory not lifted look I would find an s10 blazer or extended cab s10

It may be a little more work but will sit lower and ride much nicer than the K5 full size blazer.

Also will have independent front suspension.

And the same bolt pattern wheels that you have now.
That's defiantly what I'm looking for. Not wanting a lifted look or anything. As factory as possible a little style not much lift with the flexibility of driving in some snow or something. Just a personal preference I have I suppose. Thought it was a neat idea.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts