El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kids took me to dinner tonight (B-day Saturday), and after the dinner, all of the girls
wanted to go to the movies.
So, the son and I stopped off at Biff's to check out the parking lot, and met up with Old Geezer Richard and his BETTER half.

Had a nice little visit, and Lisa went up to the DJ and requested an anniversary song.
(apparently Richard and Lisa got married an this day a few years back).

Getting ready to head back home (after stealing Richard's beer) and a guy
in a lifted 4x4 68 ElCamino rolls in.

Had to invite him over to park with the other pair of Elkys and had a visit.

Seems this is a car that Richard had been interested in for quite awhile.
(I'll post a pic later---if it comes out okay)
This car was lifted in '74 and the owner went to the same school as Richard---knows a few of the same people too.
(Small world, eh?)

Anyway----we invited Rex to join here----so don't give him a bad time about his
lifted elky------it is powered by a 454.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
After the recent Doritos jacked up commercial, It should be hard for most people to not think a lifted 3rd gen elky is cool in it's own way. Especially one done up so long ago.

Of course peoples opinions are sometimes like a-- holes, - everybody has one, many of them can stink , & are better left where no one can see them.:beer:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Done up right, I like a lifted elky. It looks natural. That goes for just about any custom job. Jlcustomz's El Camaro looks natural because its not over done. The frontend looks like something chevy could have done. A lot of grief is given about the Studemino. While it not a style i'd want, done up right, they look good. I'd like to see a '57 Golden Hawk front end on an elky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts