El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I was cruisin in my '82 when I stumbled across a 4X4 El Camino sitting outside this guy's house for sale. I thought maybe some of you would like to see it! Now, first of all, I'd like to say that it's a "bit" of a project car, and it IS a smallblock...actually, 3 of them! Enjoy! :D

The smallblocks! :D

If any of you are interested, the price is "Make offer or trade." If seriously interested, email me and I would be glad to go back to the guy's house if I get time to get you his number. However, note that it IS in Wisconsin. Just thought some would get a kick out of that? Of course, I don't like to see an Elky in that condition, but there are always people who feel the need...
~Ger

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I've seen several Elkys that have been converted to 4X4. They're not exactly my "Cup of Tea" but then neither is 4-wheeling/off roading. I prefer to "Keep the meat on the street". But like you said, everyone has their preferences. After all they are trucks, well sometimes some are actually trucks.

While mine are all considered trucks they will never haul anything more than "Ass" from point A to point B. 8)

·
Registered
314 Posts
why doesn't someone put them on the 4x4 frame, then lower them, and put sport tires/wheels on? this way you'd get an AWD el camino, and the potential of one heck of an autocross machine. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
elmpala said:
Where did that dash come from? Looks like an interesting alternative.
i think thats a 78-88 grand prix dash. they really are cool looking.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
70sChevys said:
Oh well...the more they "f" up the 5th gens, the more mine's worth! 8)
Very true! I recently contacted the owner of the 4X4 and asked him what he was hoping to get for it, and I was informed that he wants to get $2k for it...However, there's no drive train, the whole engine is not there, the interior is definitely not original, the body's not worth it, and there's no floorboard...So, is it worth it? Not quite!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts