El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the inside seat belt receivers for '81 El Camino, blue in color. I have a set in great shape that won't receive my belts, probably from a later year, available for sale. Thanks

·
Supporting Member
4,526 Posts
I swapped out my inner belts, and was able to change the outer part of the buckle to one that fit the new inner buckles. IIRC, I had to unbolt the belt where it connects by the door sill to feed it through the buckle. Had to pop off the cover off the buckle, and with the cover off, the small metal bar inside the buckle that the belt wraps around came out easily. But again, I'm going on memory ( which is nothing like it used to be!). If you want to go this route, go to the pick and pull and "Practice".

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip, never thought to do that. It might be easier than finding the pieces I need.
So, does anyone have any seat belt male ends you're not using? No u-pull places here in the North Country. Thanks

·
Supporting Member
4,526 Posts
You would need to know what vehicle "Fits" your buckles. GM changed the sizes and shapes over the years.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Hi Gary

What if you took the nice sleeves off the inner betls that aren't fitting and put them on your original inner belts? There is some stitching on the sleeves you'd have to snip and then pull the webbing/buckles out and put the good sleeves on your originals.

Sent you a PM about you calling me on this...if this makes sense you don't have to call but can if you want to.

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts