El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I bought this beast last january 2020, I have dismantled the whole car and rebuilt it myself, including the rust repairs and panel and paint, I am pretty proud of how it has come along. I also had a mate do the interior in leather and suede, I fitted disc brakes to the front, left the rear drums alone. the paint is that Mazda Soul Red, not an easy colour to apply by the way, and just a metallic silver on the lower half. I made a timber bed floor with a stainless steel tailgate panel, as I was missing those parts. It is running a mild 350 sbc and T350 auto trans, 15x10 4.5inch bs rims on the rear and 15x8 4inch bs on the front, i fitted a vintage air unit to it as well, cause it gets quite warm here in australia. any way I will see if i can add some photos. cheers and love checking out your builds too
el camino.jpg
IMAG1980.jpg
IMAG1982.jpg
IMAG1988.jpg
20201129_112108.jpg
20201129_112038.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still need the top stainless trim for the rear window of the Elco too, but it not an easy task from where I live

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I love it, my favorite year of EC. Very nicely done

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Very nice work! I know this is an El Camino page but I'm not sure if I like the Elco or the Camaro more. They're both sweet.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,839 Posts
Wow ! What an excellent build . You should be very proud of your work . When I see something as unusual as a 59 El Camino in Australia , I wonder what adventures / stories it has experienced in it`s years and travels ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, I managed to get this all done in the past year due to COVID lockdowns and the fact I work for myself, so have plenty of time in the workshop.I sent the guy I bought it from some pictures of the progress, he is regretting selling it to me now. he imported it himself from some old guy in Nevada back in 2015 and never did anything with it. I got it for a good price too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice work! I know this is an El Camino page but I'm not sure if I like the Elco or the Camaro more. They're both sweet.
Thanks Mate, the elco is a pretty mild street build, the camaro on the other hand is a bit of a pig on the street, 530 hp and not very good on fuel, but i love driving it

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,649 Posts
COVID lockdown done right! Amazing work in a short amount of time. The Camaro is sharp as well. Bet that turns heads there in Oz. Now that you have a couple of USA classics, can you send me a VF Ute in return? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: greywolf

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
COVID lockdown done right! Amazing work in a short amount of time. The Camaro is sharp as well. Bet that turns heads there in Oz. Now that you have a couple of USA classics, can you send me a VF Ute in return? :ROFLMAO:
Haha, no worries mate, some of the VF utes are getting some silly prices now that Holden have stopped manufacturing, Ford have also stopped manufacturing in australia too! pretty sad really, we always have had australian built police cars since forever, now they are driving toyotas and Kia Stingers..sad state of affairs. cheers bud

1 - 20 of 52 Posts