·
Registered
883 Posts
Can't praise your work enough. Sweet from stem to stern. I salute you Sir

Reactions: Adams 59

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,651 Posts
Haha, no worries mate, some of the VF utes are getting some silly prices now that Holden have stopped manufacturing, Ford have also stopped manufacturing in australia too! pretty sad really, we always have had australian built police cars since forever, now they are driving toyotas and Kia Stingers..sad state of affairs. cheers bud
Yes, it is sad. I call GM the incredible shrinking car company. We were months away from getting a Ute of our own by way of Pontiac, but then GM axed Pontiac. And now, among other bad ideas, Holden is gone. At least I have my El Camino & a Pontiac G8 GT....closest I'm going to get to a SSV Ute anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Great Job. (y) (y) That's an amazing accomplishment for one year. Were you quarantined to the garage for COVID?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Great Job. (y) (y) That's an amazing accomplishment for one year. Were you quarantined to the garage for COVID?
Haha yep pretty much in the workshop all the time, I'm not much of a sit around and watch TV sort of guy, i eat, go to sleep, go to work (I work from home out in the backyard in a 2900 square foot workshop), then repeat! haha, cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
What an incredible feeling you must have driving a beautiful ride like that which you brought back to life yourself. I bought mine as a wreck and did it in a few months but it wasn't to the extent of the work that you did. Love it man Enjoy !

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Beautiful vehicle!!! I particularly like your color choices. Very nice all around. Clean engine bay and solid choices for the interior. I went with a bench seat on mine, too. I was leaning toward buckets but my wife was solidly in the bench seat camp, so I found a sharp seat from Cerullo in California. Turns out my wife was right. The bench was the way to go, at least in the present configuration. I admire your car very much. Nice work.
Doc

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
What an incredible feeling you must have driving a beautiful ride like that which you brought back to life yourself. I bought mine as a wreck and did it in a few months but it wasn't to the extent of the work that you did. Love it man Enjoy !
thanks bud. im over the moon. cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Beautiful vehicle!!! I particularly like your color choices. Very nice all around. Clean engine bay and solid choices for the interior. I went with a bench seat on mine, too. I was leaning toward buckets but my wife was solidly in the bench seat camp, so I found a sharp seat from Cerullo in California. Turns out my wife was right. The bench was the way to go, at least in the present configuration. I admire your car very much. Nice work.
Doc
thanks for the words mate, much appreciated. i'm loving this car. cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
cheers mate, I have enjoyed every part of this resto

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Update time, took the old girl for its first registration inspection, expected to come home with a list of repairs, She passed with flying colours! now I just get to drive around in it and get the thumbs up from every second car that passes like I did today on the way to and from the inspection, very happy to say the least. and thank you to all you guys for the awesome comments, means a lot to me
cheers all of you and I am now cracking a beer or ten open for a celebration!

·
Registered
1972 El Camino Custom, 350 V8, TH350 transmission, factory AC, front disc brakes.
14 Posts
Good on you, mate! That paint job is spectacular. I wish I could see it up close and in person. One question...where are the windscreen wipers?? :oops:
We have a beer called El Camino Haze down here in South Florida. I'll raise a glass to your accomplishment! El Camino Beer Can.jpg El Camino Beer.jpg

21 - 40 of 52 Posts