El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Good on you, mate! That paint job is spectacular. I wish I could see it up close and in person. One question...where are the windscreen wipers?? :oops:
We have a beer called El Camino Haze down here in South Florida. I'll raise a glass to your accomplishment! View attachment 136450 View attachment 136451
Haha, the wipers are on it now! these pics were from a couple of months ago. I fitted a late model two speed wiper motor too it too, the original one was toast

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
AWESOME! Love a 59!! I had a friend in FL years ago that had a Really nice Original. Man-o-Man gotta love a two-tone paint job. Really like what you did with the interior. And the "Old School" underdash Air Conditioner! Like the old style guages on the dash as well. Great job all round. I have Only one question? Did you run the bed wood across instead of lenghtwise because of a strength issue or??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
AWESOME! Love a 59!! I had a friend in FL years ago that had a Really nice Original. Man-o-Man gotta love a two-tone paint job. Really like what you did with the interior. And the "Old School" underdash Air Conditioner! Like the old style guages on the dash as well. Great job all round. I have Only one question? Did you run the bed wood across instead of lenghtwise because of a strength issue or??
Thanks mate, I love it , the aircon works better than my late model toyota too, frozen knees.haha
I run the bed wood that way so it was at 90 deg to the stainless rails I put over the top, not other reason really other than cosmetic really
cheers

·
Premium Member
9,085 Posts
The 59 is my favorite. Love the way you did the interior. The whole car is awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First off, I'm in love with those wheels, would you please tell me the make and model of them? Is that a stock front end and rear end set up? I just want to know if they will fit my 59'. What size tires do you have on them? That is a very good looking car, well done my friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
You can definitely be proud of your work on that beautiful El Camino.

Reactions: Adams 59

·
Registered
883 Posts
Sweet job, love the 2-tone paint. I'm working on a '60 in Texas, still a few months out.
I must have missed something. Are we still talking about TheElkyMan45's 59?
I thought ir was all black.

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
@R/T They are back talking about the original poster (Adams 59) nice red over a light cream two tone.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thank you. I thought my eyes were going. I have heard that as men age your eyes are the second thing to go.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts