El Camino Central Forum banner

59 el Camino on Auto Hunter Auction SOLD

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Lenny Carey 
#1 ·
The Auto Hunter Auction site is where I bought my '69. It's part of the Classiccars.com operation.

This '59 here sold on the first and only bid of $55K! The seller posted that it had appraised at $124K.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

See less See more
#17 ·
Jim , Thanks for this forum and it is interesting that the 59 did not sell for the $ 75,750 bid price . With that appraisal of $ 124,00 , it is easy to see why the owner feels he can get more for it and as Elkybill said , was the appraiser his brother ?. Not knowing what it actually cost to buy and build , I tend to agree with Sledge that it could be difficult to do it for $ 55,000 but there are variables as did the owner do the work himself or had a shop do the work and what condition it was in to start with . I`m sure others realize that with a Camino that is 64 years old some parts may be missing or exchanged from other 59`s such as the dash trim . Not sure why the owner did not install new front valances as they are available , the two small chromed bumperettes under the rear bumper are missing . If you can find them , they are $ 600 . The chrome side trim is gone and was it done for the looks or from a side swipe accident ? The 59 is a big car and a good paint job is not cheap . Was it a body off job as I did not see it mentioned . It will be interesting to see what it sells for .

Reactions: Chazbow
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.