El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a " want to buy " post in the " for sale /want to buy forums " , as I am interested in perhaps buying a 59 Camino , and additionally posting it here in Region 6 , Florida . Maximum price would be $ 38,000 depending on condition . Seller would need to allow a certified appraiser to check out the mechanical status , underneath chassis and all systems . Lack of rust is of major importance . No projects , monster horsepower or rust problems . Looking for a vehicle that I can turn the key and drive very long distances or take to a car show . I am currently looking at 15 Caminos online from cars.com , Trovit , E-bay etc. If someone turns me on to one that I do not know about yet and I purchase it , I will pay them a $ 500 finders fee . Thanks

·
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still looking and have not heard back from any of the sellers , except one for over a week . I will try contacting them again as I think that there is something I did not do correctly in responding to their online ads . The phrase , computer challenged comes to mind . Again , if someone sends me a contact number for one that I am not already aware of , I will pay a $ 500 finders fee if I purchase the Camino .

Reactions: Chris Nelson

·
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to arrange for an appraiser to check out a 59 for me and still looking to purchase a 59 . Please keep an eye out for me . Thanks .

Reactions: Chris Nelson

·
Registered
4,847 Posts

1959 Chevy El Camino - Comes with REBUILT 348 Tri Power, V8 ENGINE - Auto REBUILT CAST IRON Powerglide with all the chromed and bumpers and all the parts. Its a OEM AC Car NEEDS FRAME OFF RESTORATION. 727-527-7773 $12,000.00 OBO OR TRADE .

·
Registered
4,847 Posts

(this last is just up the road from me but I've never seen it around here)

·
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cyberray , Thanks so much for the posting of the three Caminos . The red one in Austin interests me and I had a nice conversation with the owner , Johnnie , a couple of weeks ago . The green one also looks interesting and if I end up purchasing it , I will send you the finders fee as I was not aware of it before your post . I am also checking out one in Susan but have not been able to find an appraiser in the area to give it a look for me .I will send you a PM . In the meantime , I hope others will keep an eye out for me .

Reactions: 123pugsy

·
Senior Member Participating Member
916 Posts
A 327 Z28? 😮

·
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hat Trick , thanks for the post and hoping it is still for sale . I sent you a private message .

Reactions: Hat Trick

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,673 Posts
Spotted this on eBay motors yesterday. It's a little above your price target, but the ad does say "or best offer", so maybe a deal could be struck. A plus is that it's in Florida.

Reactions: 123pugsy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts