El Camino Central Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
Thanks for the info Robpp . Yes , I do think I am confused . I do want a blue plate as opposed to a 1959 year specific tag . I went to the Monroe County Tag Agency in Key West yesterday . The nice lady ( one of my old students ) , said that since I have a " bill of sale " , as Vermont does not have a title ( like Florida ) , that I just need the past owner`s registration card . He is sending it to me and I will go back and hopefully that will get me the blue tag . Good thing I am sooo busy right now as it is killing Joan and I that it is sitting in the garage . Don`t know how other states do it , but here if they see you driving on a public road without registering and having an appropiate tag , they will arrest you . With the Ft. Christmas get together that R/T has organized on July 31 , I plan on driving up in my 87 Camino as I want to get a few miles on the 59 before getting on the highways . Every get together for me is a road trip from the Keys .
You sure you don't need an extra set of hands to pilot that '87 while you drive that '59 up to the meet? 馃槈 My '82 is giving me troubles I have yet to get fixed so my driving it to Ft. Christmas is questionable.

Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You sure you don't need an extra set of hands to pilot that '87 while you drive that '59 up to the meet? 馃槈 My '82 is giving me troubles I have yet to get fixed so my driving it to Ft. Christmas is questionable.
Squag , Hey , that would be fun but Key West is a little far off to get both the 87 and 59 up to Palm Beach . Hope to have my title and tag this week for the 59 . I just got off the phone with Chuck ( Fl Kymino ) and he filled me in on your efforts to figure out your rear end issue . When I suggested it , he said that he already mentioned something to you and you would be welcome to ride up to the Ft. Christmas get together with either one of us . Let us know how things come along .

Registered
Squag , Hey , that would be fun but Key West is a little far off to get both the 87 and 59 up to Palm Beach . Hope to have my title and tag this week for the 59 . I just got off the phone with Chuck ( Fl Kymino ) and he filled me in on your efforts to figure out your rear end issue . When I suggested it , he said that he already mentioned something to you and you would be welcome to ride up to the Ft. Christmas get together with either one of us . Let us know how things come along .
There's a good chance I'll take one of you up on that offer of a lift Lenny. I've got a shop taking a look at the car today but if it's an issue internal to the diff they won't touch it. Apparently diff shops are few and far between nowadays. I know of a place down in Ft. Lauderdale but that requires me pulling the rear end and then figuring out how to get it down there considering the only "truck" I have access to is the Elco itself. I'm pretty good with my hands but I can say with confidence now that having done them, a differential and a transmission are two projects I never want to touch again.

Registered
1960 El Camino 350, 5 speed, GM 12 Bolt, 4 wheel disk brakes, air
Been following along on your journey... did you ever post a picture of the one you bought??? if so I must have missed it...

Registered
1960 El Camino 350, 5 speed, GM 12 Bolt, 4 wheel disk brakes, air
Not a fan of the smaller speedometer, but the rest looks 1st rate to me鈥

41 - 47 of 47 Posts