El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys has any body fitted new floor pans to the rear under the bed tray the actual station wagon rear foot wells.are they difficult to get in i do have a hoist.thanks troy

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
59-60 essentially use the same floor from the firewall to the rear bumper.
Minor differences in the rear seat footwells and the under the rear seat panel (under the panel in the bed), but they are interchangeable.

Changing the floors from the firewall to the rear of the doors is pretty straightforward.
They are spot welded to the top of the inner rocker and are not too bad to remove.

The "under the rear seat pan" is a different animal as this was already in place before the back of the cab was welded in. If you are not interested in removing the back of the cab, you could get the new panel and piece it in place without disturbing the cab panel.

Might be a good idea to get your floor panels first.
available in pieces from the toeboards back, but nothing to replace the area under the seats or the tunnel itself.

Full floor is available from the toeboards to the rear footwells, but would have to be cut up to get that piece into the car.

Not sure if that under the rear seat panel is available-----was not when I did my car, so I had to appropriate a section from a 60 Impala.

Floors are the same in the Sedans, wagons, hardtops and are not ElCamino specific.
Wagon and ElCamino are only slightly different from the rear axle back.

Wagon will have a spare tire well or footwell for the 3rd seat, where the ElCamino
panel is just a flat piece of steel (basically).

If you can get good floor pieces from a junkyard 59-60, go for it---probably save some money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your reply brian ,i seached the el camino store and there is a part no 09-1196 under 1959 floor pans do you think this could be the rear pan which sits undertroy the bed tray .wshen you take the bed tray out kthere is a access hole thats where the floor npan is in there.mines been patched.i waant to put a hinge hon the betd tray and put a pump in there for some air ride suspension.thanks troy

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
09-1196 AND 09-1194------may need both.

Check pricing and shipping
Other places you should check, but they will not mention ElCamino, but again, the floors are the same across the board.

Impala Bob's-------known to be a bit pricey
Classic Industries
Harmon's Impala
Year One-----also known to be a bit pricey

Get a price on the parts and shipping----and take the least pricey route

Those Ekler's part numbers will not be the same as the other places (they all have their own part numbers)

I have dealt with Classic Industries and have been more than happy with them during my 59 resurrection.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers what do you think did you have a look at those part nos do you think there the ones in the hidey hole.thanks troy

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
yes they are

Again, check other vendors for the same part.

"Under rear seat pan" is what it will probably be called.
same piece on all full size Chevrolet in 59-60

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thankyou brian for you help and replies you have helped before with some pics on vintage air pipe route.it got me started and all finished working fine.might talk soon on fitting the bigblock in .im still tossing the idea of going there.thanks troy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts