El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea if this is actually a good price, but I thought someone here might be interested. Definitely not mine.

Bumper Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Registered
1960 454ci th400 61cad int. & pwr options
Hmm this reminded me of an old idea I had of turning a trunk lid from a 59 impala into a bed cover on a el camino...

Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
Gale , That is such a great photo where the trunk lids from two Chevys are made into a bed cover on a 59 El Camino :cool: Are there other photos or information on who , where and how it was done ?

Premium Member

Registered
1960 454ci th400 61cad int. & pwr options
Absolutely beautiful, just the way I dreamed it should look. I should have known it had already been done of course but have never actually seen it until now. Thank you for sharing!

And several of the other mods I was thinking of like the speaker insert from the back seat of an impala, and the grill and head lights from a merc... I am actually kind of happy to have discovered this as you have likely saved me a bunch of money. So many vehicles I have seen over the years and said to myself sure its nice but I would have done this or that... So not the case here.

Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
Gale , What an excellent example of automotive workmanship and art . Never ceases to amaze me of the talents that people have . Thanks for the link . I also want to send Jims79 a big thank you for posting the 59 El Camino tailgate that was for sale on Facebook . I contacted the seller and have purchased the tailgate . It shipped yesterday :)

Reactions: Jims79

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also want to send Jims79 a big thank you for posting the 59 El Camino tailgate that was for sale on Facebook . I contacted the seller and have purchased the tailgate . It shipped yesterday :)
I'm really glad someone here could use it. I know these are so very rare these days and I couldn't bear the thought of them giving up and scrapping it.

Reactions: Old Bear
1 - 10 of 10 Posts