El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1984 El Camino SS Choo Choo Customs
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2 piece fiberglass bed cover but it didn't come with mounting hardware so I will have to fab my own. Before I start designing, I was wondering if anyone had an experience with these covers. I can't find one anywhere online for reference. Haven't found a brand name on it but will give it another look, just picked it up yesterday. See pics.
Elco Bed Cover.png Elco Bed cover2.PNG Elco Cover on (2).jpg
Thanks,
Freddie

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,738 Posts
Freddie , I have only seen the two piece covers a couple of times over the years and unfortunately the beds were not open to see how they were installed . Hopefully , someone else will be of more help . I have the one piece bed lid from Gayloard ; which , I think are still available . If you don` find the info you need , perhaps an e-mail to Gaylord may find a sympathetic person that can help you . Good luck and welcome to the NECOA .

Reactions: Freddie84ChooChoo

·
Registered
441 Posts
I posted pictures of one of these on I think maybe " Ellies ?? " post. I do have a new one myself packed away in my basement. If I looked hard enough, I might even have the installation instructions.

Regards Brian

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
This is a two piece with single lock.
Search this site and others for Protectotop and maybe Protect-O-Top.

·
Registered
1984 El Camino SS Choo Choo Customs
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies. With the info provided I was able to find some pictures online of how it was mounted. I think I am going to try and fab my own using gas shocks. I work at a machine shop so shouldn't be too hard. Will post pics when I get it done. Thanks again for the help!

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,629 Posts
Freddie, as you probably already know now, it's a Protecto Top. I have one on my '86. If you have any questions about how it's mounted or want some pictures, just let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts