El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Past Texas Director
6,191 Posts
I've never been real careful about removing the bed trim. I've managed to get it off every time without damage by taking off the 2 small corner pieces first (you'll see each one has a small screw), and then, just sliding and prying off the rest with my hands. I've also managed to do that without messing up the clips. Just take your time and you'll get the "feel" of it. Good luck.

· Registered
358 Posts
Hey PB, It's actually a pain,.. those plastic triangle clips are delicate, be careful and use a small flat head screw-driver. Don't fret if you break one, they are not that expensive, but the mouldings ARE! Above all, do not use any upward pressure more than your hands (not a rubber mallet), the alum. moulding will bend/kink quicker than the clip will break. - George, Myrtle Beach SC
:nanawrench:

· Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Get er done !

I've never been real careful about removing the bed trim. I've managed to get it off every time without damage by taking off the 2 small corner pieces first (you'll see each one has a small screw), and then, just sliding and prying off the rest with my hands. I've also managed to do that without messing up the clips. Just take your time and you'll get the "feel" of it. Good luck.
Terry ,you are a get it done Person !!!:goodjob:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.