El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a set of bucket seat brackets for my '83 from a donor car so that they will mount my replacement bucket seats better than the current "bolt thru the floor" that I now have. OK if they are the four separate mounting brackets, or a one-piece cut out from a rust free floor. Will pay reasonable price to have it shipped to 01845 in MA.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looking to get a set of bucket seat brackets for my '83 from a donor car so that they will mount my replacement bucket seats better than the current "bolt thru the floor" that I now have. OK if they are the four separate mounting brackets, or a one-piece cut out from a rust free floor. Will pay reasonable price to have it shipped to 01845 in MA.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Hi, I did that to my car. Its a lot of work cleaning the old ones up. I see someone is selling new ones on ebay for around $75.00. They weren't around wihen I bought the used ones. I would recommend getting the new ones due to how much time and effort it takes to clean them up.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just received the brand new seat brackets from G Body parts. The price with shipping was $81.00, but it did avoid going out to the junkyard and having to cut out some rusty ones that would need a lot of cleaning and painting, etc. Can't believe how good they look and should drop right in with some welding.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
yeah i would have sent you these as i had a nice rust free set from a donor,and would have let you have them for the postage,but thanks to a certain canadian on another site that i sent these to and which i never recieved payment from!!!:twisted: i swear some people!!! i even went through all that bs with the customs shipping.nehoo glad you found some,just wish you wouldnt of had to pay that price.:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Before I can install my new bucket seat mounting brackets, I need to get a left track for the driver's side bucket seat that I will be installing due to a broken left leg on the rear corner. I do not want to weld a repair onto that item. So if anyone has a non-rusted driver's seat LEFT SIDE TRACK, I would appreciate hearing from you. If anyone knows for certain that the left side track is the same for bench, split-bench and bucket seats, that would be helpful info if I have to slog out to the junk yard up here.

My ZIP code is 01845 in Massachusetts and it can be sent by US Mail in their "if it fits, it ships" standard box. PM me if you need to discuss. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
In the process of replacing my seat tracks on my 86 w/ 55-45 bench seat.Been told the tracks are the same as buckets.Bought set of used from member.3 are same as mine,one is different.The odd one has one hole in rear mount & 2 in front,opposite of mine.My old tracks are in good shape except the feet are rusted bad.But they are usuable.If you are interested I'll see what I have left when I'm done.I still need left side track w/ adj. lever.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
John

As long as the yard hasn't hauled it out I have access to an 82 Malibu with bench seat. I think the outside tracks would be the same from bench to bucket for the Camino/Malibu....maybe not from Cutlass etc.

I have a couple of sets of bucket seats out of town in storage so couldn't compare easily.

We're getting some snow yet today...but I could probably try slip over tomorrow and pull the seat track form the Malibu . Unless you can find something closer.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me know what you find out there when the snow melts, Kevin. Thanks.

Another member forwarded me a link to a power seat unit for the bucket seats, which would solve my problem and upgrade the ride as well. Anyone got those available??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts