El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my tire caps fell off going down the road, and another is cracked. i have two in good condition and only need two more.. i could also use the chrome trim rings as well, but dont need those as bad..

thanks!:nanawrench:

·
Registered
149 Posts
5th. gen. center caps

These caps are getting harder and harder to find at swap meets, most have at least one or two broken clips and the sellers are asking top dollar. Someone stole my caps last year, along with the 14" trim rings.

The solution was EBay!! There is a hubcap shop selling reproduction center caps for about $50.00 a set w/shipping. They look great and fit like the originals. He also sells them as a single, but the price for a set of four can't be beat!! These caps also fit Monte Carlo however, the center red design is different for a Monte Carlo. He does sell both styles, so look closely for the standard Chevrolet emblem. The trim rings are out there, 14" is not a high demand ring. The whole drawback is that while they made thousands of these trim rings and center caps, they are becoming harder to locate. Since mine were stolen, I've begun to gather spares at swap meets. Good luck and try EBay.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
/ whitney has cheap replacements for around 45$ a set for the caps look like the originals except for the center emblem,opg has the same exact caps as well

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
GO TO
ORIGINALWHEELS.COM THEY HAVE THE REAL ONES.:beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts