1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
101 Posts
There's a place called Auto Body Specialties Inc in CT.
I know they have the lower door skins, they may have full.
Their number is 860-346-4989 for information. I don't think they have a web.
JC

·
Registered
61 Posts
What's the secret to those darn things? I tried to put one my ole Sub and the outside turned out real wavy after I crimped it. :cry:

·
Banned
881 Posts
theelcaminofactory said:
Anyone know who carries full doorskins for 5th Gen Elkys.
I had a hard time finding new door skins for my 79 a few years ago. I had to get 82-87 door skins and modify the mirror location. I remember that the 78-81 skins were no longer available then. I haven't seen anyone who sells the 82-87 full door skin in quite a while. It seems like only the lower patch panel is still sold.

You may find it easier to locate a set of doors from the southwest.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
101 Posts
On the 81 that was given to me there is a crack on the inner door frame. The guy who gave me the car stated he tried to find a new door and was quoted a price around $600. Needless to say I still have the cracked door on the car. Not sure where the $600 door was coming from but I'm located in CT.
JC

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a website www.auto-parts-for-less.com but I can't log on to the site anymore, They had all and I do me all body parts for the 5th gen Elky, even listed a new frame. The inner door shell sold for $629, and the outer door skin sold for $134. I think the only body panel that I didn't see was the firewall, they even listed the roof, all stripe and graphic kits, floors, bed, tail gate, inner and outer quarters etc. You could have built a new Elky. But I can't log on to the site. Maybe someone has heard of them, and has a phone number.

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
I did a quick search about www.auto-parts-for-less.com and came up this information:

Registrant:
Bob Stall Chevrolet
P.O. Box 388
La Mesa, CA 91944
US
619-460-1311

Might be able to call them. Not sure why the site is not working though.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh man, your my hero for the day Ernie! That's it! THANKS, You guys need to bookmark this site if you plan on looking for 5th Gen Elky body parts now or in the future, it's the only place I could find that has just about every body part you'll need.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Door, Door & Components, Door Shell(R) $2,484.00
Door, Door & Components, Door Shell(L) $2,484.00
Door, Door & Components, Outer Panel(R) $531.00
Door, Door & Components, Outer Panel(L) $531.00

There is no way in hell im paying $16 less than i paid for my entire truck, to get one door. I'm searchin boneyards.

·
Banned
881 Posts
Skullzz13 said:
Door, Door & Components, Door Shell(R) $2,484.00
Door, Door & Components, Door Shell(L) $2,484.00
Door, Door & Components, Outer Panel(R) $531.00
Door, Door & Components, Outer Panel(L) $531.00
Where did you get those prices?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whoa!!! I don't know what's going on here with Auto-Parts-For-Less, but Skull is right. This is the price they're showing now for doorskins and doorshells. Just a couple of months ago they listed the doorskins at $147 and the doorshells at $629. All their prices have gone sky high! Anyone know what's up with this? Their prices have quadrupeled. Looks like they better change their name to Auto-Parts-For-A-Whole-Lot-More!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Of course i'm right.... i'm always right. soon you will learn and understand this. :cool:

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, OK your right, your right, but please don't kill me! I've got too many bills! Especially after I buy one of them doorskins! :mad: That better be a genuine GM part and not something made in Taiwan by a 12yr old.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
theelcaminofactory said:
Oh man, your my hero for the day Ernie! That's it! THANKS, You guys need to bookmark this site if you plan on looking for 5th Gen Elky body parts now or in the future, it's the only place I could find that has just about every body part you'll need.
You'd better shop around before buying from these people. Some of these prices are outragous. I got the Lower Door Panels for my 80 from EC Parts and they were $129.99 a Pair, they want $449.00 And indicate it is only one side. So it is another 449.00 for the other.

That is real pricy, and they call it "Parts-For-Less"?.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts