El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1985 El Camino is leaking when it rains or if I take it to the car wash. I have found where it is leaking on the inside but wondering if anyone knows where its coming from on the outside. I'm afraid to just fix the problem on the inside because I feel if I keep the water from leaking it will just build up and rust a hole in it anyways. What are your thoughts about where the water is coming from and how to fix it all up inside and out.
The leak in the front of the cab is coming from right above a tab seen in the pictures it looks like a half circle like cut. Then the rear leak is coming from certain spots along that metal seam.
You can see the pictures from Photobucket here.

Thanks

- Kevin

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,940 Posts
Hello Kevin,, when you do the rear glass,, reseal,, do the front as well, thats the first things I do to a 5th gen when I get one,, if it aint leakin`,, it will be,, the sealent dries ups and cracks,, there by causes the leaks,, the heater / A/C box has a seal that can do the same dry up and crack on ya,, I hope all is well with ya in Region 8!! Matty man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.