El Camino Central Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I may consider doing the popular 2WD Blazer front brake upgrade on my El Camino.
Just wondered what a fair price is to pay for used bare spindles? I see some on eBay but the price seems kind of high to me.
I was thinking on contacting local wrecking yards too but it would be nice to know what is a fair price before trying that.

Also, anyone know of members here that may collect and sell them?
Paid 150 for mine, but it included everything, i can ask the guy if he has any other sets or can run them down, he deals with them specifically.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Paid 150 for mine, but it included everything, i can ask the guy if he has any other sets or can run them down, he deals with them specifically.
Thanks that helps. That does indicate what I was looking at on ebay is overpriced. He wants $229 for a bare pair of spindles.

Yes, complete would be preferable. I'd opt to buy new new calipers but having cores would save quite a bit of money.
One thing that is confusing is the wide variance of prices for the hub assemblies on Rock Auto. I'm seeing from $35 to $145 a piece and everywhere in between. I have no idea on if it's a bad idea to consider the cheaper ones.

I'm just thinking at this point. I've already bought stuff to do the LS1 brake conversion but having trouble with lateral runout on hubs I had machined. I'm just weighing my options at whether to try and have another set of gbody rotors turned down or change directions and go the Blazer route.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks that helps. That does indicate what I was looking at on ebay is overpriced. He wants $229 for a bare pair of spindles.

Yes, complete would be preferable. I'd opt to buy new new calipers but having cores would save quite a bit of money.
One thing that is confusing is the wide variance of prices for the hub assemblies on Rock Auto. I'm seeing from $35 to $145 a piece and everywhere in between. I have no idea on if it's a bad idea to consider the cheaper ones.

I'm just thinking at this point. I've already bought stuff to do the LS1 brake conversion but having trouble with lateral runout on hubs I had machined. I'm just weighing my options at whether to try and have another set of gbody rotors turned down or change directions and go the Blazer route.
I sent him a message, hopefully he has a set or can find a set for you.
I went the blazer route because, for lack of better terms, cheap, easy and everything is off the shelf with no real work lol

·
Registered
969 Posts
I sent him a message, hopefully he has a set or can find a set for you.
I went the blazer route because, for lack of better terms, cheap, easy and everything is off the shelf with no real work lol
Thanks. I'm not ready to make a decision with that though. It's premature to have him look for them for me.
I'm still trying to make the LS1 brake parts I bought work. I'm having trouble but have not given up yet. I was just trying to figure what it would cost me if I changed directions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks. I'm not ready to make a decision with that though. It's premature to have him look for them for me.
I'm still trying to make the LS1 brake parts I bought work. I'm having trouble but have not given up yet. I was just trying to figure what it would cost me if I changed directions.
If he comes up with a set and you don't need them, i'll buy them and set them in storage in case I need them later or someone here needs them, won't hurt anything sitting.

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
@F5. all who posted info and links: I’ve been here for a few months...reading...learning the Gs.
Just about everything I wanted to know...is right here in this thread.

I feel like a fool not having read this thread previously!

Thank you all!

61 - 68 of 68 Posts